Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Anyone ever use this incubator?
s-l500.jpg

I'm stuck in hospital and some babies I got for a Muscovy girl thats been broody for over 2 months with no success showed up and hubby tried to give them to her night before last and she wouldn't take them... at all.not sure what went wrong. Have to break her she looks horrible

I'm stuck in hospital and some babies I got for a Muscovy girl thats been broody for over 2 months with no success showed up and hubby tried to give them to her night before last and she wouldn't take them... at all.not sure what went wrong. Have to break her she looks horrible
:hugsSo sorry you're ill. Get better soon! Good luck with your duck!

Very sorry your ill yoopergirl1211 listen I have never heard of a mama duck accepting ducklings that aren't hers. There maybe rare exception but not many I think.

Get hubby to get her out destroy the nest block her from being able to get back to it even if you have to lock her up for a while with food and water.

Ah I didnt know that. He did lock her up but he put her in pen apparently with my two broody Pekings and their few babies. Now hes in upper Michigan and I'm waiting for someone to let me out of this darn hospital so I can go home and check on everyone

Me too. Wasn't happy they did it but its been a pretty messed up week. They also gave my two kc crosses to the Pekings apparently and let a broody in my brooder with 60 chicks and locked my other ducks outside and left coop wide open and the list is endless. Hoping no one is dead and I can get myself to do the rounds before I pass back out.

Me too. Wasn't happy they did it but its been a pretty messed up week. They also gave my two kc crosses to the Pekings apparently and let a broody in my brooder with 60 chicks and locked my other ducks outside and left coop wide open and the list is endless. Hoping no one is dead and I can get myself to do the rounds before I pass back out.
I think you should take car of yourself first and foremost, and worry about the ducks later, though I understand your feelings as one who has also been in the hospital and unable to tend to my critters myself quite often.

I just made it home. Did a very slow round. Everything looks okay and I think I even have my Peking x blue Muscovy cross now. We'll see if it makes it. Fingers crossed. Then I'm eating and then I'm probably going to pass out.

Back
Top Bottom