Muscovy keepers share your pics!

I’m surprised she hasn’t cracked open the eggs since the Muscovy eggs are so thick and chicken eggs aren’t .

So am I. lol. My one Muscovy raised a pekin baby... when i had my Pekin flock and they were free ranging one the girls must of laid in the scovies nest, we were shocked when that nest hatched to have a Pekin mixed in.

Never tried chickens though... the best broodies here for that are silkies i have some on Pekin eggs. :oops:

I’m surprised she hasn’t cracked open the eggs since the Muscovy eggs are so thick and chicken eggs aren’t .
I took the chicken eggs from her. I don't think it would have ended up good.

She was upset and calling for the eggs, or the ducklings that she thought hatched and left the nest. Then the duckling that the goose was helping to raise started to follow her and now this one duckling has three part time moms

The real mom of this shared duckling is still sitting in the nest most of the time.

No, I've removed any eggs I've found under her. She just wants to continue to sit. I think it has to do with the goose interfering, and I only allowed her to hatch one.

There's only one other duckling hatched here by another mom this year.

I had these three guys come into my yard this morning and were visiting my Muscovies. They are cuties my Drake's were not happy about them coming in and neither were there ladies so they weren't visiting long

Attachments

• IMG_20190730_075234.jpg
    IMG_20190730_075234.jpg
    668.1 KB · Views: 16

Back
Top Bottom