My Ameraucanas look like hawks :-)

Quote:
Hi, I'm not sure where you got that information. My Ameraucanas started laying just one day sort of 25 weeks. However, I just got an email last night from a lady who got some eggs from me. That pullet will be officially 5 months old on the 25th.

ERnoleGuy, might I suggest that you check out the Ameraucana Breeders Club if you haven't already? Might be some helpful info there too. Btw, I'm an Eagle Scout too. I think I just did my first good deed for the day.
lol.png

Dave 3877, "My Side of the Mountain" is a favorite movie of mine. The book was great. A real classic. Boy howdy, could I tell ya some stories of some camping trips that book inspired.

God Bless,

Quote:
My EE's were the first to lay. They started laying at 17 weeks.

My EE's weren't late either. All my chickens were fall babies, so they laid their first eggs a little later than spring chicks because of the shorter daylight hours, but the EEs were right in there with the rest of them.

Here's my record of when each chicken laid her first egg:

Barred Rock (Spice) 22 weeks

Easter egger (Pippin) 22 weeks

Barred rock (Sugar) 22 weeks

White leghorn (Hunter) 23 weeks

White leghorn (Gabrielle) 23 weeks

Production red (Merry) 24 weeks

Easter egger (Sparrow) 24 weeks

Easter egger (Cleopatra) 25 weeks

Barnevelder (Lacy) 27 weeks

Barnevelder (Penny) 27 weeks

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=19548-we-have-eggs

Well here is one of my EE's named CHICKENHAWK. Cause thats what my mother in law screamed when she first saw her in the pen. She almost threw a bucket at her!!! The name stuck. Her hatch date is 03/17/09 Still no eggs.
DSCN0598.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom