My Hatching Journey: the Adventures of a Complete Newbie

Question... when youre replying to my comment did you hit reply or quote? I feel like mine look different.... well 1 is disappointing :( how many did you set again? Now I'm more nervous than i was....

Question... when youre replying to my comment did you hit reply or quote? I feel like mine look different.... well 1 is disappointing
sad.png
how many did you set again? Now I'm more nervous than i was....

I use quote.

I set 15, but you shouldn't be nervous. Probably just some bad luck or something that's taking out my eggs.

Last edited:
I use quote.

I set 15, but you shouldn't be nervous! I think it is my roos fault or something, as I think 10 have been clear and 5 have had development, 2 of which died and I think 2 more might be dead ( fuzzy blood ring ish thing halfway around middle, might be veins??) but I gave them another little bit. The one that I think is alive I saw veins on last candle and there is a shadow in the middle which could be a head, with a little imagination.. 
-Banti

Ok thats the issue...im hitting reply. Thank u!

Well I have eggs from two other friends in addition to mine so I guess only time will tell... My husband and I've already made plans to add another coop and run hahaha Are you going to try another hatch after this one?

Ok thats the issue...im hitting reply. Thank u!

Well I have eggs from two other friends in addition to mine so I guess only time will tell... My husband and I've already made plans to add another coop and run hahaha Are you going to try another hatch after this one?

Of course I will, no matter the outcome. The next batch will be for the Easter hatch a long, which is setting March 5th.

Last edited:
I'm building another coop/run too... Only mine will be for ducks! :love

Of course I will, no matter the outcome! The next batch will be for the easter hatch a long, which is setting March 5th. :D
-Banti

Aww I used to have ducks too!

We're doing the hatch along too but Ill be a little late bc this set took longer than expected to get eggs together which delayed the set. What will you be setting this time?

Aww I used to have ducks too!

We're doing the hatch along too but Ill be a little late bc this set took longer than expected to get eggs together which delayed the set. What will you be setting this time?

Same as this hatch, shipped eggs are too pricey for chancing my luck when I am not experienced.

Last edited:
Hello Alex, and thanks!

In that case, I will be very careful to not be careful.
cool.png
Set all the eggs!

If ya don't have room, find someone who wants more chickens. I already have 2 places to give the chicks that I hatch.
big_smile.png

-Banti
wee.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

When I said #9 was zipping 17 hours ago, I think I jinxed it. It still hasn't hatched. Just a big hole. I don't think it can rotate, and I think it will end up a mercy cull.

BUT... 12 others have hatched and are doing well. Couple little issues, but nothing too major. Other than the almost-#9, there is one other possible left in the bator, which will likely not make it either, but I'm happy overall! Not bad for my first quail hatch! 12 out of 16 (3 of which I was doubtful on anyway! - 2 of those were definitely DIS, one turned out to be #12 hatcher.)
12 out of 16 is great! Most quail hatchers only get 80-85 percent hatch!

Ya Done Good!
highfive.gif

Back
Top Bottom