My leukemia's back.

We are going down again to help a church in Santiago with outreach, vbs and street ministry and to see our friends from last year and to eat my favorite coconut flan, arrepas, great Latin food!
Prayed for you all this morning! :hugs
Phil, I vote more fish, less beer and starches- unless it's beer battered fish! :D:D Then it would be more fish and veggies!
Anyone heard from or seen OutpostJWB???

Good morning all.

Its so hot and humid here, yesterday I stood over a hen letting a chick hatch beside her, instead of under her. At the same time, an older hen lays dying underneath that very broody coop. My efforts to help her get well don't seem to be working. I have a foreboding feeling that she will pass as the last chick arrives above her.
:hugs that stinks :hugs

Oh yeah losing weight will help.....but i don't really have that much to lose. but dropping 10 pounds could help.......i think best thing I could do is eat less carbs.....

Limiting carbs works for me. Cut sugar, potatoes, bread, pasta :barnie and you will cut pounds. Not fun, but it works - at least for me.

I find that if I simply add more water to my diet, as well as more fruits and vegetables, I loose weight. So, it's a matter of adding more, not taking away!!!

As a believer, I have a LOT of questions and OFTEN hurt. :hit I can ONLY imagine how much harder it is for those without Christ.

Agreed.

Good morning all.

Its so hot and humid here, yesterday I stood over a hen letting a chick hatch beside her, instead of under her. At the same time, an older hen lays dying underneath that very broody coop. My efforts to help her get well don't seem to be working. I have a foreboding feeling that she will pass as the last chick arrives above her.

So sorry for the loss of a good hen. Flock dynamics are fluid. I'm hoping that what ever ails the hen is not catchy.

And just like that, it's over. Linda was moved to the Dougherty Hospice House on Monday afternoon, and we were all there, holding her hand, smoothing her brow, kissing her cheek, and sharing our love with her until she passed on Wednesday evening. She was never alone...we were never alone. Lori, Ron, Bev and I told stories about growing up with her, her kids, grandkids, nieces and nephews shared their memories. Her beloved Russ laughed and cried with us as he relived their 46 years together. As hard as it as all been, I have to say it was also the most profoundly peaceful and beautiful time of my life. At 8:36, she took a gentle breath, then another, and then she was gone.

After the rest of the family left, around 9:30, the "Core Five" (as we have always been called in the family) stayed with Linda. Lori and I sat on each side of her, and I never let go of her hand from that moment until around midnight. Ron and Bev sat on each side of the foot of her bed. I don't think any of us said much...we didn't need to. I promised Linda the I would come and find her again. Lori, Ron and Bev made their promises too - to take care of Russ and their kids, to attend as many of the grandkids' activities as possible, and we all promised to look after each other. Then, around 11:30 or so, we told the attending nurse we were ready and let her know she could call the funeral home to take her away from us for the last time. We sat in the lounge while they did what they had to do, then we moved to the parking lot and waited there until we saw the tail lights of the carrier fade out of sight.

Her memorial service was just like she was in life - sweet and simple. Ken gave the eulogy and he was incredible. I spoke after he did, one of the hardest things I have ever done. Linda must have been sitting on my shoulder because I didn't stutter one single time. Pastor Strand really wanted me to share the story of Linda and I holding hands during the time of her bypass surgery and somehow I made it through.

I guess at this point the only way I can describe how I'm feeling is "numb". I don't even know why I'm telling you all of this, but as usual I seem to be better able to write it than to speak it, and I just had to get it all out.

Thank you for your thoughts, your prayers, and your support. Thank you for growing to love my wonderful Linda. And thank you for the messages left on her memorial page.

Last edited:
And just like that, it's over. Linda was moved to the Dougherty Hospice House on Monday afternoon, and we were all there, holding her hand, smoothing her brow, kissing her cheek, and sharing our love with her until she passed on Wednesday evening. She was never alone...we were never alone. Lori, Ron, Bev and I told stories about growing up with her, her kids, grandkids, nieces and nephews shared their memories. Her beloved Russ laughed and cried with us as he relived their 46 years together. As hard as it as all been, I have to say it was also the most profoundly peaceful and beautiful time of my life. At 8:36, she took a gentle breath, then another, and then she was gone.

After the rest of the family left, around 9:30, the "Core Five" (as we have always been called in the family) stayed with Linda. Lori and I sat on each side of her, and I never let go of her hand from that moment until around midnight. Ron and Bev sat on each side of the foot of her bed. I don't think any of us said much...we didn't need to. I promised Linda the I would come and find her again. Lori, Ron and Bev made their promises too - to take care of Russ and their kids, to attend as many of the grandkids' activities as possible, and we all promised to look after each other. Then, around 11:30 or so, we told the attending nurse we were ready and let her know she could call the funeral home to take her away from us for the last time. We sat in the lounge while they did what they had to do, then we moved to the parking lot until we saw the tail lights of the carrier fade out of sight.

Her memorial service was just like she was in life - sweet and simple. Ken gave the eulogy and he was incredible. I spoke after he did, one of the hardest things I have ever done. Linda must have been sitting on my shoulder because I didn't stutter one single time. Pastor Strand really wanted me to share the story of Linda and I holding hands during the time of her bypass surgery and somehow I made it through.

I guess at this point the only way I can describe how I'm feeling is "numb". I don't even know why I'm telling you all of this, but as usual I seem to be better able to write it than to speak it, and I just had to get it all out.

Thank you for you thoughts, your prayers, and your support. Thank you for growing to love my wonderful Linda. And thank you for the messages left on her memorial page.
:hugs Thank you for sharing this with us. :hugs

After the rest of the family left, around 9:30, the "Core Five" (as we have always been called in the family) stayed with Linda. Lori and I sat on each side of her, and I never let go of her hand from that moment until around midnight. Ron and Bev sat on each side of the foot of her bed. I don't think any of us said much...we didn't need to. I promised Linda the I would come and find her again. Lori, Ron and Bev made their promises too - to take care of Russ and their kids, to attend as many of the grandkids' activities as possible, and we all promised to look after each other. Then, around 11:30 or so, we told the attending nurse we were ready and let her know she could call the funeral home to take her away from us for the last time. We sat in the lounge while they did what they had to do, then we moved to the parking lot and waited there until we saw the tail lights of the carrier fade out of sight.

Thank you for your thoughts, your prayers, and your support. Thank you for growing to love my wonderful Linda. And thank you for the messages left on her memorial page.
No words. Many tears. For both the beauty and the loss. Prayers for all of the core five.

Back
Top Bottom