My leukemia's back.

Glad you are hanging in there Friday.:hugs
Don't have any words of wisdom..... Chemo sucks treatment sucks hospitals suck ..... Being sick sucks.
Not sure if it was better to be sick younger or not. Sick is sick.
I wasn't feeling sick when I went into the hospital but they made dam sure I felt sick after I was admitted........ But sometimes the treatments feel worse than the illness..... Get better friend...... Getting better was the best thing I did. Got to see my kids grow up...... :)And leave home....:(

Good morning Team!

Friday, that's a pretty impressive gizmo you have there. Have you named it yet? It sounds like you're doing well and that's a good thing :hugs
The Doc originally said "then we'll hook you up to R2-D2", so that name kind of stuck. :hugs

:hugs @FridayYet thanks for the update that machine looks pretty interesting.
if you dont mind me asking how long do you actually have to be hooked up to it??
I don't mind at all, LOL. My hooked-up treatment time is about 10 minutes, but I'm about 40 minutes total at the center, including checking in, changing my top, getting hooked up, double check by the physicist, triple check by the doctor, treatment, getting unhooked, having a nurse clean around each catheter twice, then changing and walking out. I really don't feel much at all.

Hardest part of the whole thing is trying to find a comfortable position to sleep in. :barnie

The Doc originally said "then we'll hook you up to R2-D2", so that name kind of stuck. :hugs

Perfect name for it!
Star Wars 1.jpg

I can relate to the not being able to find a comfortable sleeping position.
Then I had to deal with the nurse waking me every two hours to take my vitals...... And weigh me...... Seriously every two hours.
I can't remember a couple weeks at all.
Morphine Haze I suppose......I remember telling the doctor I had a sore throat.... He said yup blisters on your throat.... Next think I know..... Lights out

Friday we are all here for you.....I remember how scary it was being sick.
I remember I didn't let it scare me though.....I just kept thinking I wanted to get over this crap and go fishing.... It's all I talked about.
I got a weekend pass to come home.... My buddy Bob took me out to the lake I've fishing.... All jaundiced 112 pounds of me.
He feel through the ice.... Yup completely disappeared..... He popped back up told me to go back to the Jeep.
He managed to get out of the ice..... Beat me back to the Jeep.
When I got there he was stripped down to his long underwear..... We went back to his house so he could change and then we went to another lake.
I told the doctors...... They said they were gonna tell me not to go fishing but they figured I would go anyways.

If there is a chance one might not survive the disease, might as well do something you like even if there is some risk you might not survive it! Glad you made it through both "events" @LittleLakePhil

Hardest part of the whole thing is trying to find a comfortable position to sleep in. :barnie
Gee, now there is a NOT surprise. How long do you have to be a "pincushion"?

:D Sounds good! Scrambled makes us more interesting. :ya

Pretty interesting treatment.
I do agree! I'm feeling.. ahem..a bit more scrambled each day. And I have no excuse, well, other than, I'm getting older. Friday, you are amazing. Another great example to us all. You are getting through this with such a great disposition. Your post always seems so upbeat no matter what. God be with you! Have a wonderful day.

Back
Top Bottom