My leukemia's back.

:thumbsup How but plain ice cream, it melts into liquid fast in a warm room. You could even sip it with a straw. Maybe the slow churned ones with reduced fat would be best.

You are all so helpful. If I did try ice cream, I would have to let it melt all the way down first. Cold hurts. He bought me a Frosty in Cody yesterday to try. Thought I was going to die and was afraid I wouldn't be that lucky! That's why I get my yogurt out long before I'm going to eat it. Room temperature or a little warm...that's it.

Ken had a lovely rack of barbequed ribs and corn on the cob with some watermelon thsi afternoon. Just because I can't eat well right now is no reason for him to go without. My watermelon bit is sitting on the counter to warm up now and I'll try it when it does. I cut the meat off a rib bone (they were the short, baby back style) with no sauce on it and nibbled at the scraps on the bone. Yummy, but not real satisfying, and didn't get a lot down. But I am NOT going to sit in a corner and whine....I'm going to keep trying and I WILL WIN.

Blooie, you've been too long without adequate nutrition. Perhaps it's time to take a trip to the store, and explore the many options of Ensure type drinks. When my MIL had a non stop nose bleed, any chewing would set her off again, or she was afraid it would. So, I picked up some Ensure for her. Well, she absolutely loved that stuff. And she continued to enjoy it after she had returned to eating normally. We had to remind her that a single can of the stuff was equivalent of a whole meal, calorie wise! But, you might benefit from a few cans.

I will as soon as the stores are open tomorrow, LG....remember that in this area on a holiday weekend things aren't like they are in bigger communities. We could go back to Walmart in Cody, I guess. Just don't feel like a hundred mile drive right now. Um, I hope not liking milk in any form doesn't mean I won't like the Ensure???

You are all so helpful. If I did try ice cream, I would have to let it melt all the way down first. Cold hurts. He bought me a Frosty in Cody yesterday to try. Thought I was going to die and was afraid I wouldn't be that lucky! That's why I get my yogurt out long before I'm going to eat it. Room temperature or a little warm...that's it.

Ken had a lovely rack of barbequed ribs and corn on the cob with some watermelon thsi afternoon. Just because I can't eat well right now is no reason for him to go without. My watermelon bit is sitting on the counter to warm up now and I'll try it when it does. I cut the meat off a rib bone (they were the short, baby back style) with no sauce on it and nibbled at the scraps on the bone. Yummy, but not real satisfying, and didn't get a lot down. But I am NOT going to sit in a corner and whine....I'm going to keep trying and I WILL WIN.
I have no doubt in my mind that you will win!

I will as soon as the stores are open tomorrow, LG....remember that in this area on a holiday weekend things aren't like they are in bigger communities. We could go back to Walmart in Cody, I guess. Just don't feel like a hundred mile drive right now. Um, I hope not liking milk in any form doesn't mean I won't like the Ensure???
I'm glad you agree with LG and will be getting some sort of nutritious drink. What is it about milk you don't like? Flavor? Texture? I don't know how Ensure compares to milk in either flavor or texture. I just hope it works for you and you can get some down.

I have no doubt in my mind that you will win!

I'm glad you agree with LG and will be getting some sort of nutritious drink. What is it about milk you don't like? Flavor? Texture? I don't know how Ensure compares to milk in either flavor or texture. I just hope it works for you and you can get some down.

Yes! and YES! :sick

Back
Top Bottom