My leukemia's back.

Sounds like you did well conveying the message to him. I'm praying for you.

Our broody jersey giant hatched out some babies yesterday. Can't tell how many. She bit the stuff out of my daughter yesterday when she tried to move her aside & see. She said she counted 3. I LOVE BABY CHICKS!!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
All our babies will be mutts this time around. I have no idea what my daughter put under her.

Good morning everyone!

@Outpost JWB , congrats on your surprise pack of chickies!

Donrea,
I am new to the site and just came across this. I will be praying for you and your husband. The pastor where I go to church has been battling cancer for over a year and I know how hard that has been on him and his wife. All that I can tell you is to trust in the Lord God of heaven for his name is above all names. Maybe you and your husband should sit down and talk with the pastor at your church. That would be a good third party.

Can I borrow someone's broody? Went and got chicks and guess who's broody isn't any more??
Icanshine bike camp is really cool & incredible! They had her riding with a spotter on 2 wheels yesterday. I think she is getting it! But it is so funny to see her going and then yell "Wait! Stop! Too fast!". 2 more days...time will tell.

Rachel, Yes to third party! Do you have an older couple to help? Even an older man/father figure he trusts? Keep loving him. It's not your job to fix his unhappiness. He went the wrong way & needs to change. God is for both of you. Put on your armor and shield. Tuck the verses in your heart. We are here if you need us.
Thanks for the advice, everyone. I did go buy gel cushions for even more padding in my good sneakers yesterday. And have been trying to stay off them. Don't usually go barefoot anywhere bcs I never know when I will have to leave or go do something. I don't like to hit my toes on our clutter or furniture so shoes are on until bedtime.

Good morning everyone!

@hbhoffman , hooray for bike camp, sounds like a real hit!

Hope you all have a good day
frow.gif

Morning, all! Hope everyone is doing better than yesterday, but not as good they will be doing tomorrow!

I'm supposed to be busy. Yep, supposed to be cleaning the house, making lists on the animal and flower care for Jenny, and supposed to getting the laundry done and packing started. But the sun just came up over the mountains a bit ago, and I decided to waste a little of the day appreciating what I have. The rest can wait. I've got Katie and Kendra today from 9:30 until 7:00, so wasting time isn't really something I can afford to do, but sometimes it's also something I can't afford NOT to do, if that makes any sense.

Leaving Sunday on our Alaska cruise. I've been ready for this since we got off the ship last year! This time there'll be three of us going - me, Ken, and daughter Tamrin, so the packing logistics are a bit different than when it was just me and Tamrin going like last year. Wish I could talk him into driving up to Billings on Saturday night and staying there. Our flight leaves at 6:10 am which means leaving here at 3:30 am to get to the airport and checked in on time, dodging deer the whole way. Going through security is so much fun for me. I have to warn them that I'll set off the alarms, and usually end up digging out my implant cards. Then having a bundle of catheters in my carryon raises all kinds of questions....all they see is the coiled up tubing in the packages with little aluminum rectangles in each package - the iodine swabs. So I get to stand there while they pull several of them out and wipe them down. <sigh> The majority of them are in my checked bag, but I need some at hand and therein lies the rub. Embarrassing. It's really fun when it's Kendra and me traveling to Shriner's in Salt Lake...then we have two different styles and sizes of catheters! Well, it's their job, make 'em earn it, right?
wink.png

@Blooie , how exciting...a cruise to Alaska! You are going to have so much fun...please take a bunch of pictures so you can share some with us, ok?

@ Blooie, it's their job - make them earn it! No embarrassment it's just life! If you go to Denali, try to arrange a side trip to Jeff King's sled dog kennels - Goose Lake Kennels I think. For me it was one of the highlights of the Alaskan experience. I too would go to an airport hotel the day before - it's so much easier. Have a safe trip and enjoy your selves.

@Blooie , how exciting...a cruise to Alaska! You are going to have so much fun...please take a bunch of pictures so you can share some with us, ok?
What, me??? Share pictures? Now you know I'm not a picture poster!
lau.gif
If we have half as much fun on this cruise as we did the last one, I'll be one happy old lady!

@ Blooie, it's their job - make them earn it! No embarrassment it's just life! If you go to Denali, try to arrange a side trip to Jeff King's sled dog kennels - Goose Lake Kennels I think. For me it was one of the highlights of the Alaskan experience. I too would go to an airport hotel the day before - it's so much easier. Have a safe trip and enjoy your selves.
Tried again - can't talk him into it. Oh, well, let's see if he has second thoughts when we barely make it to the airport, haven't had a bite to eat except those silly little bags of pretzels on the plane, and don't see food again until they open up the buffet on the ship! <I am evil, and must be destroyed!> Our itinerary doesn't take us to Denali. We'll be doing the Inisde Passage as far as Juneau, but we can sure put that kennel on the list for our next vacation!

Yeah Blooie, we think of you as such a trouble maker
lol.png

Our new dog Hank got out somehow--still don't know how--and got picked up by animal control. The petty part of me thinks it was the neighbor who made such a fuss about the pigs that had him picked up, but whatever. $65 to ransom him--Honey said next time he can just stay
roll.png
. I've got the boys on fence patrol to find where he got out. Maybe I should just buddy leash him to Eve when he's outside
gig.gif
. I can pretty much guarantee she's not going over or under anything, she won't even go out the gate when it's open. I told Honey the money to spring him was actually well spent, cause her rubber toys are $25 each. He's a live action toy, she thinks he's her personal chew toy so it's money well spent.

Things are slowly getting better with Honey and I, thanks again for all your support.

Back
Top Bottom