My leukemia's back.

Thank you for all the kind words, thoughts and ideas regarding my sister and her transplant -- I got busy after I had posted initially so I hesitate to go back and quote/drag things back up with the thread already days beyond that, but do know that I have read each and every response and SOOO appreciate them all!  She's my favorite sister, always has been, and of all us it just seems SO unfair that this has happened to her --- it has been very surprising to see it up close and personal since we moved out here.  She got sick while we were still living in Indiana, after my last visit out here, so I hadn't actually seen her since her health started to decline and was really surprised at the toll it has taken on her........so glad we are here now, and that I am going to have a chance to take care of her and help her through this!!!

Your sister is very lucky to have you. Hope recovery is quick and easy for her. Enjoy your extra time together :D

Your sister is very lucky to have you. Hope recovery is quick and easy for her. Enjoy your extra time together
big_smile.png

Wow. Most violence I saw today was a few hawks scoping out my flock. And the dog stole a clothes pin out of my basket.

Now that's just outrageous...hope you reported your pin as stolen and the felonious dog is appropriately punished
gig.gif

If that dog is anything like the dogs I have known, he's not just a thief, he's a vandal; I doubt the pin was recovered in usable condition (or is that racial profiling?)

We have kicked the dog out into the screened in porch. He keeps bringing in flea friends. :rolleyes: I don't like flea friends. We have tried everything over the counter, even pills from the vet, special shampoos, powders, ugh!!! Anyone have any luck getting rid of them?

@lazy gardener I really hope you find your clothes pin. But I'd bet Bunnylady is right! It's long gone, buried in the backyard somewhere. :bun

If that dog is anything like the dogs I have known, he's not just a thief, he's a vandal; I doubt the pin was recovered in usable condition (or is that racial profiling?)
Could be gender bias. Thief is female. Clothes pin was recovered without damage, mostly b/c I am a fast runner... for an old biddy.

We have kicked the dog out into the screened in porch. He keeps bringing in flea friends.
roll.png
I don't like flea friends.
We have tried everything over the counter, even pills from the vet, special shampoos, powders, ugh!!! Anyone have any luck getting rid of them?

@lazy gardener I really hope you find your clothes pin. But I'd bet Bunnylady is right! It's long gone, buried in the backyard somewhere.
bun.gif
How long have you had chickens? I found that my fleas pretty much disappeared when I got chickens. Also cut down tick population. But, my arctic winters help with insect control also. ? garlic and ginger in small quantities in the diet??? Not tried it, but a place to start. I think that flea infestation is often over looked in terms of the eggs and larvae actually living in carpets and bedding, cracks in the floor, etc. They do hike in on the animals, but once in the home, they can infest the home, whether there is a cat or dog in the home.

We have kicked the dog out into the screened in porch. He keeps bringing in flea friends.
roll.png
I don't like flea friends. We have tried everything over the counter, even pills from the vet, special shampoos, powders, ugh!!! Anyone have any luck getting rid of them?

@lazy gardener I really hope you find your clothes pin. But I'd bet Bunnylady is right! It's long gone, buried in the backyard somewhere.
bun.gif
Part of the life cycle of fleas is larvae in the dirt. You likely have a lot of larvae in the dirt around the house. You can use beneficial nematodes to get rid of them in your lawn or wherever they are.

https://www.amazon.com/Million-Live-Beneficial-Nematodes-Exterminator/dp/B007XFHAR6

One of my Aunts used nematodes to get rid of fleas at her place.

Quote: Mea culpa - I should know better than to assume that a stealing dog is male. One of the worst I ever knew for that was a female Golden Retriever that I knew many years ago. She belonged to one of our maintenance customers, and anyone who did work at that house pretty quickly learned to keep an eye on any tool they were using, or the moment their back was turned, it disappeared. One day when my crew and I showed up to do the yard, there were big yellow feathers all over the back lawn. I was a little afraid that maybe the dog had murdered Big Bird, but it turned out to have just been a feather duster.

Back
Top Bottom