My leukemia's back.

Our Dane got heavily infested with fleas last year, and was allergic. We had to to keflex and prednisone, it was a mess. She was miserable. Now we do next Guard, and no problems. Frontline didn't work. It's not bad, about $20 a month each for our 100lb dogs. Money well spent IMO.

If my dog stole a clothespin, and we didn't catch her right off, we'd find in in a pile in the driveway. Seen some interesting things come out of that dog
tongue.png

Our stupid buckling is hoping the fence again. Neighbor is being very understanding, but I'm thinking Mac is going to find himself on the end of a chain here soonly. We're just not willing to invest a bunch in a new fence when we're listing the place for sale.

I sure hope you find another place to keep your birds. Kind of makes my glad my neighbors grow pot, it makes them pretty tolerant of my animals. Well, except the jerk who won't let us have pigs.

Good for your for exercising! I've let the boys slack, and I'm slacking also. I need to get back on the ball.

Mea culpa - I should know better than to assume that a stealing dog is male. One of the worst I ever knew for that was a female Golden Retriever that I knew many years ago. She belonged to one of our maintenance customers, and anyone who did work at that house pretty quickly learned to keep an eye on any tool they were using, or the moment their back was turned, it disappeared. One day when my crew and I showed up to do the yard, there were big yellow feathers all over the back lawn. I was a little afraid that maybe the dog had murdered Big Bird, but it turned out to have just been a feather duster.
lau.gif

@lazy gardener. I've had chickens for four years now....I think. I'm sure they have ate their share of the fleas. Poor little dog is a house dog & DH is not about to let chickens free range in the house..... :lau

We are going shopping this weekend for anything that will kill fleas. Well, almost. We also have to be careful. One time bought some flea/bed bug spray, sprayed carpets, furniture, and such, then dog had a seizure. Oh the things we go thru for our loved pets! :th

I am glad you were able to recover the clothespin. Hopefully you don't have to go thru this sort of stress often ;)

Most recent pup fiasco was entirely my fault. I was not thinking, and gave her an ear of corn to gnaw on. She ran off and ate the entire thing. One day of puking, several days of following her around the yard, scrutinizing every poop, limiting her diet, adding butter to her feed to grease up the plumbing. Last night, I was up with her 3 times during the night. Plumbing seems to be doing ok today. So, I believe crisis is passed. Why do they do that? If I didn't keep my couch covered, she'd have completely disemboweled it by now. Good thing my home is not "show case quality". Hubby says we have a "Better Homes and Gardens" home. But, our house is the before pic.

:goodpost: I like it! Our home is a roof over our head. Some rooms are lacking floors, or you have to know where NOT to step! Lol! It's a lot better than it was 5 years ago. In all reality, we have 1 room that is not habitable. The master bathroom is completely gutted and sub flooring has not been installed. The rest of the rooms would pass inspection.....depending on what type of inspection we are talking about. :D.

Today is my birthday. I am being super lazy and taking advantage of the "It's my birthday" excuse. I have not exercised yet, and slept in until 9am! I actually woke up at 3am (normal time) and forced myself to not get up. Now I feel like I wasted 6 hours :th. I'll get over it.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. :D

Back
Top Bottom