My leukemia's back.

Stopping in for a few minutes to catch up. Summer is always crazy, busy and nonstop! Just finished the Montgomery County fair. It was fun. Weather was weird! Sun one minute, Hot and humid and the next minute hail or take cover thunderstorms rolling through with a vengeance agenda. :yesss: My youngest, special needs dd was finally able to step into the ranks of being able to volunteer for fair hours! She thoroughly enjoyed her job at the nachos & cheese and hot pretzels & cheese station. The amazed faces on some folks upon seeing a Down's Syndrome teen serve them their food was interesting to watch! :plbb:lau
Other good news was that we now have 2 working cars and 2 mostly working cars for 3 drivers and one learner! My Aspie son finally cleared all the hurdles and got his permit after 2.5 years! And my 18 y/o DD passed her driver's test and has no restrictions on her due to her age. SO excited as now she can drive herself to college classes and her brother as well! :woot:wee:wee No more 700+ miles in 5 weekdays driving for me... I hope! And after nearly 20 years of homeschooling, I AM DONE! No more classes, books to buy, find, loose, borrow, steal or beg for, no more please get your homework done *before*, and not during, class, No more carpools, no more tracking 7 school schedules, 6 jobs, 2 cars, 7 people, multiple school meetings, chores, and whole bunch of miscellaneous stuff! :love So thankful I didn't kill anyone, velcro them to a wall or anything else nasty. Lord knows there were days when I wanted to! SO that's alot of good news.
Now to go figure out some other things like paying for hospital bills being sent to collections because the hospital lost the financial aid papers....
:hugs:hugs and :lau to you all because it really is good for you to smile or laugh or hug someone you care about. God be with you! He is never more than a heart whisper away.

Stopping in for a few minutes to catch up. Summer is always crazy, busy and nonstop! Just finished the Montgomery County fair. It was fun. Weather was weird! Sun one minute, Hot and humid and the next minute hail or take cover thunderstorms rolling through with a vengeance agenda. :yesss: My youngest, special needs dd was finally able to step into the ranks of being able to volunteer for fair hours! She thoroughly enjoyed her job at the nachos & cheese and hot pretzels & cheese station. The amazed faces on some folks upon seeing a Down's Syndrome teen serve them their food was interesting to watch! :plbb:lau
Other good news was that we now have 2 working cars and 2 mostly working cars for 3 drivers and one learner! My Aspie son finally cleared all the hurdles and got his permit after 2.5 years! And my 18 y/o DD passed her driver's test and has no restrictions on her due to her age. SO excited as now she can drive herself to college classes and her brother as well! :woot:wee:wee No more 700+ miles in 5 weekdays driving for me... I hope! And after nearly 20 years of homeschooling, I AM DONE! No more classes, books to buy, find, loose, borrow, steal or beg for, no more please get your homework done *before*, and not during, class, No more carpools, no more tracking 7 school schedules, 6 jobs, 2 cars, 7 people, multiple school meetings, chores, and whole bunch of miscellaneous stuff! :love So thankful I didn't kill anyone, velcro them to a wall or anything else nasty. Lord knows there were days when I wanted to! SO that's alot of good news.
Now to go figure out some other things like paying for hospital bills being sent to collections because the hospital lost the financial aid papers....
:hugs:hugs and :lau to you all because it really is good for you to smile or laugh or hug someone you care about. God be with you! He is never more than a heart whisper away.
Good for your daughter! I'm a SpEd para at our local school district and work one to one with a coupe of students with Down Syndrome. Every new step is so exciting and rewarding!

Phil, at least crabby crabs can breathe. Feel better.
That my friend is true.... And I have to enjoy the good days..... Today was a good day.
Didn't feel real great..... But was breathing okay and watched the show in the sky.
Crazy cool.... Didn't get real dark here.
But I wasn't disappointed.....I was amazed.

:hugs
So glad to hear some good news for you..... About dang time.
Time to enjoy a little bit of life.
God can hear you even when you can't whisper....... Phil

Hope everyone got a chance to at least see the eclipse..... My grandson got here Saturday..... He had glasses. I drove up and down the trail. And let the neighbors all take a peek. They are all elderly and didn't have glasses.
It was so rewarding to watch their faces.
Even took them down so the guys at the end of the trail (yes I live on a trail..... Northwestern lake trail) putting up a harder could see. They all stopped for a few minutes to look.
Even stopped the FedEx guy so he could look.... Nice to see people smile.
My wife ran a pair down to the store.... So people coming in could see too.
Amazing.... Absolutely amazing.

Good Morning Team Rachel!!!!

Hope you all had a great Monday!! and have a fabulous tuesday! Its warm today and going to cool down over the next few days. Hay is getting cut today, but aw-shucks hubs and i are going camping so wont be there to help bale and stack :plbb

@hbhoffman :hugs Congrats on the kiddos and cars :woot

@LittleLakePhil ;) we used welding helmets to watch the eclipse, i'm sure we looked pretty silly but we got to see it even though EVERY store was out of those silly little paper glasses

I now know just a little of what you've gone through teaching at home. Just had a family of ours stay for a couple of months while their home was being finished built. Weren't that busy during the summer, but, she had meetings to go to with the kids every week to prepare for this yr. More going on, I couldn't keep up with what all they were doing! Congratulations on your special needs daughter doing well. I have a mentally handicapped sister that I am Guardian of. She isn't Downs, but is in a home now. They are always so happy with new accomplishments. My little sis will be 54 this Nov. Love the thought--God is never more than a heart whisper away. <3

Back
Top Bottom