My leukemia's back.

'Insurance and signature required' also telecasts "something in here is probably worth taking?" I've had mangled letters come years later with a notice that it was being held as proof in mail theft. Thanks a lot - no good to me by then.
Sending it signature required makes it nearly impossible to get lost in the shuffle of thousands upon thousands of pieces of mail that go through the sorting centers every day. My wife once found a letter in the bottom corner of one of the big bags they receive to put outgoing mail in. Any specific bag may not get used for days and they don't necessarily go back empty to the same PO as they came from full. That letter had nothing to do with her office. The registered letters don't go in those bags, they have separate ones for "more important" mail.

And it won't be left in a mailbox on the day that just happens to be the ONE day in thousands some thief is checking boxes in that neighborhood.

If the recipient has a PO box, then it can be "delivered" safely without a signature. But you DO want tracking on something as important as that ring. It must be scanned at every "stop" so if it takes a left in East Whoknowswhere, it can be more easily found. All bets are off without a tracking number.

All that said, it is most probable that whatever you send will get where it is supposed to go. And at least some POs work hard to make sure it does. My wife has sent mail to Sao Paulo, Brazil that came to Vermont. Seems their zip codes match some of ours and if you don't write Brazil on the envelope in the right place, well it comes here. AND the most wierd one of all. A letter came from outside the USA to Isle LaMotte, VT. It was addressed to Isle of Man. Yes, she sent it off to England.

The PO folks in Australia are nice too. We sent a Halloween "care package" to our daughter a couple of years ago when she was doing a semester in Japan. Didn't get there when it was supposed to, not sure how it got misdirected but we did figure out it was sent to Australia. Australia ... Japan, about the same right?? Not knowing what they would do with it, we sent her another. She got both of them about the same time.

Sending it signature required makes it nearly impossible to get lost in the shuffle of thousands upon thousands of pieces of mail that go through the sorting centers every day. My wife once found a letter in the bottom corner of one of the big bags they receive to put outgoing mail in. Any specific bag may not get used for days and they don't necessarily go back empty to the same PO as they came from full. That letter had nothing to do with her office. The registered letters don't go in those bags, they have separate ones for "more important" mail.

And it won't be left in a mailbox on the day that just happens to be the ONE day in thousands some thief is checking boxes in that neighborhood.

If the recipient has a PO box, then it can be "delivered" safely without a signature. But you DO want tracking on something as important as that ring. It must be scanned at every "stop" so if it takes a left in East Whoknowswhere, it can be more easily found. All bets are off without a tracking number.

All that said, it is most probable that whatever you send will get where it is supposed to go. And at least some POs work hard to make sure it does. My wife has sent mail to Sao Paulo, Brazil that came to Vermont. Seems their zip codes match some of ours and if you don't write Brazil on the envelope in the right place, well it comes here. AND the most wierd one of all. A letter came from outside the USA to Isle LaMotte, VT. It was addressed to Isle of Man. Yes, she sent it off to England.

The PO folks in Australia are nice too. We sent a Halloween "care package" to our daughter a couple of years ago when she was doing a semester in Japan. Didn't get there when it was supposed to, not sure how it got misdirected but we did figure out it was sent to Australia. Australia ... Japan, about the same right?? Not knowing what they would do with it, we sent her another. She got both of them about the same time.
Well they are both islands:confused:

30 more days, and spring will be on the way!!!!!!
Wait, whaaatt? Noo, huh? Mind blown... (puts ice pack on the now aching brain)

Well that part is true. Though the trap is covered for the ones that get the long scenic walk so they don't get to appreciate the woods all that much. All told, more have gotten the shorter trip to the woods at the edge of the NW pasture. That trek from the north side of the barn is not visible from the house. That is an important feature here.
True, very true and very necessary!

@bruceha2000 your posts bring to mind a thread I was reading yesterday about a guy in FL. A raccoon was after his chickens then got into his house, the guy trapped it and drowned the coon. A neighbor reported him and now the guy is in jail.

That will be quite a story to pass down in the years ahead...especially with the bond and jail time etc. ...

Be careful, you never know who's watching!
Very true!! Nice 6' privacy fence is very helpful and makes for good neighbors or makes bad neighbors behave better.

Heck yeah......View attachment 1196083
It's my most favorite thing to do.
I just got really chilled and shivered! Now I am looking for a blanket and shoving my cold feet under my service dog's body to warm them! Lol.
Sorry to the flu/sick folks! Just got mostly done with that . It is a naaaasty Upper respiratory virus that turns into flu that turns into an upper respiratory infection. Thought I was heading to the hospital as I couldn't breathe. But then I remembered they nearly killed me 3 times the last time I did go in! So I figured my chances were better at home! Uh oh past bedtime.... Enjoy your day everyone.

And Phil, If you have any extra maple syrup, lmk!!! We can work out a deal of sorts. I love it! I will take or sneak it (and butter!) into other places like Denny's or IHOP to put on my waffles or pancakes. :cool: I have a bottle of the other stuff. Don't think it has seen the light of day in about 2 years. Gross stuff used for folks who can't appreciate the real, good, tasty maple syrup. :D

Cap think you need an "attic exorcist". When we moved in 48 years ago, you could hear scratching and scampering in the walls. We were city folks and moved to wild(to us) suburb. Actually my room where all the commotion seemed to be radiating from was over the furnace which was connected to garage.

I think some critters found their way - eventually the noise stopped and no stench of dead bodies so hope they departed or were maybe eaten by other things in the walls.

Back
Top Bottom