My leukemia's back.

Good morning Team Rachel. Have a blessed day!

Morning-Animated-Photo-wg140616.gif

I got up, and discovered my coffee maker wouldn't pump water through it. I pushed the on/off button a few times, banged on it a little, emptied then refilled it, unplugged it and plugged it in again. Nope, it refused to make coffee. I stood there staring at it, not sure what to do. I need my morning coffee. My husband needs for me to have my morning coffee. I went into town, got a new one, came home, and am now enjoying my first cup of coffee. The cats are cautiously looking out of the bedroom door, watching me drink my coffee. They'll come out in a minute, when I go to refill my cup.

Someone on another thread said they have a spare coffee maker, because they couldn't handle not having their morning cup of coffee. Next pay day, I'm going to pick up a spare. I actually have a percolator that I've used for camping, and I could have used it on the stove, but Dh has "organized" our storage room again, and put it in one of the many storage totes, so I can't find it without a major ordeal.

I got up, and discovered my coffee maker wouldn't pump water through it. I pushed the on/off button a few times, banged on it a little, emptied then refilled it, unplugged it and plugged it in again. Nope, it refused to make coffee. I stood there staring at it, not sure what to do. I need my morning coffee. My husband needs for me to have my morning coffee. I went into town, got a new one, came home, and am now enjoying my first cup of coffee. The cats are cautiously looking out of the bedroom door, watching me drink my coffee. They'll come out in a minute, when I go to refill my cup.

Someone on another thread said they have a spare coffee maker, because they couldn't handle not having their morning cup of coffee. Next pay day, I'm going to pick up a spare. I actually have a percolator that I've used for camping, and I could have used it on the stove, but Dh has "organized" our storage room again, and put it in one of the many storage totes, so I can't find it without a major ordeal.
My coffee makers are mechanical

vacuum brewer

vacuum coffee maker.jpg

Chemex brewer

chemex brewer.jpg

What an ordeal! Glad you got things back in order :D

We use these to make our coffee...as long as you can boil water, you can make coffee:
Clever Coffee Dripper.jpg

It's called a Clever Coffee Dripper. You put a 4-cup filter in it, however much ground coffee you like (we like a lot so it's strong), pour in the boiling hot water and in a couple minutes, you set the Dripper on top of your mug and coffee is dispensed.

It gives you a cup similar to a French Press but without the clean up mess.

We use these to make our coffee...as long as you can boil water, you can make coffee:
View attachment 1328844
It's called a Clever Coffee Dripper. You put a 4-cup filter in it, however much ground coffee you like (we like a lot so it's strong), pour in the boiling hot water and in a couple minutes, you set the Dripper on top of your mug and coffee is dispensed.

It gives you a cup similar to a French Press but without the clean up mess.
I'm using DW's old Tevana, the hinge on the top broke, I bought her a new one. Works similarly to yours. Have to make sure you don't put more water in than will fit in the cup ;) I put the cream in first and it mixes as the coffees drops in.

I had a Mr. Coffee Jr for YEARS, then :he:he:he broke the carafe a year ago. Can't buy one ANYWHERE, not new not used. But I mostly drink 1 cup of coffee only on Sunday and couldn't see buying a new one (though they have some cheap ones at Wallyworld) so I'd been using the Folger's coffee bags (like tea bags). Not too bad.

bring a pen to chew on. ;)

Or a Chewable jewelry. It's "Chewelry" specifically made to chew/stim on.

:hugs

That's amazing that it doesn't hurt!

Any chance that a chick cross of bielefelder rooster x olive egger or CCL hatching out of a green or blue egg with olive green legs would lay green eggs??? Anyone want to hazard some guesses?? I think Rachel would have called them "Camo eggers!" :)

Enjoy this day! No guarantees issued for tomorrow! So set aside the stress and be blessed and be a blessing to someone.

They usually last me around 3 years. I don't normally pay over $25.00 for one, so it's not too bad. I paid about $20.00 for the one I got today. I don't consider that to be overly expensive. I would have gotten the one that was a little more expensive, but it had a red front on it. I'm not sure what the deal is with all the red appliances, and cookware, but I don't care for the red. A pretty purple would be a different story. I'd go for purple, and I think a lot of women would.

Any chance that a chick cross of bielefelder rooster x olive egger or CCL hatching out of a green or blue egg with olive green legs would lay green eggs??? Anyone want to hazard some guesses?? I think Rachel would have called them "Camo eggers!" :)
Crossing a blue layer (as long as it has 2 blue genes) with a brown layer should yield green eggs as the chick will get 1 blue from one parent, 1 brown from the other. If the blue layer has only one blue gene your odds of getting a green layer drop to 50%. The OE hen has already reduced your odds to 50% since she has only 1 blue gene.

Leg color has no bearing on egg color.

Back
Top Bottom