My new Self Serve Egg stand

CanbyDan

Songster
6 Years
Jan 1, 2015
Canby OR
Ever since I started raising chickens for Eggs, I have been selling to my co-workers where I work. It started getting to be a chore to find enough customers to buy my abundance of eggs from my flock of about 30 hens. Earlier this spring, the company clamped down on people selling at work (I miss the home made tamales and sweets I could buy for almost nothing) so decided to take advantage of my close to town location and try to sell at my driveway. Hoping the pics below tell a better story then my keyboard.
20190602_063243.jpg

Stand as seen from my road, it's bolted to the tree to keep from blowing over in a storm. Measures about 36" square and 8' tall in front. Rains often here, wanted a big roof to make is nice to pickup eggs in crummy weather.
20190602_063112.jpg

Plain picnic cooler is set on it's own shelf below so lid is almost flush. Kept cold with a frozen bottle of water that I change out every other day or so. Holds 9 dz egg cartons. Money is left in Mason jar inside. So far everyone has been honest, not lost any money or eggs taken without paying. The pine cones are from one of my trees, I give those away for crafters.
Fresh eggs chicken.jpg

I enjoy painting, the chicken was blown up on a cheap computer projector on to MDO plywood.

Dan

Attachments

• 20190602_063148.jpg
    20190602_063148.jpg
    734.9 KB · Views: 72

Back
Top Bottom