my very own micro farm

Pics
Good night at work. Special quail was a hit. Thanks to @granny hatchet for giving me the idea on the sauce. Here it is.

Sweet chili apricot glazed grilled quail. Couscous and sauted bok choy.

Roasted red pepper vinegrette, d'anjou pears, crunchy fennel and red onion, salt and pepper toasted walnuts and feta cheese over spring greens.

Attimus

Homemade mayo was a total bust last night. Decided to try and fix it instead of starting from scratch. Here's the outcome before going into the fridge tonight.

It still looked like oil last night. Looks like mayo tonight. Well see in an hour or so if it holds. It'll be one more thing to do with eggs.

Mayo is holding, now I just need to get the flavor down.
Started on Roscoe's spurs this morning. Took a little lest than a half inch, I'll take a bit more than that on Monday then again on Wednesday. Then it'll be Hermes turn and that little devil is fast. Even in an enclosed environment.
I weeded the herb boxes this morning. Some look better than others. Small amount of mint, and tarragon a few of the original strawberries but im already in the process of restocking those. Parsely made it strong through the winter, thyme and marjoram or still strong. Chives are a total loss but I think my idea will work this season with the green onions.
Think I'm gonna start cutting the wood. Gotta keep in mind that blade width counts, thanks@Chaos18. That's something I don't always remember. Think I'm going to cut and measure one piece at a time, take it slow and easy and if I have to go back for another sheet Eve if it's for one piece than so be it. There's always something the rest can be used for. Off to it.

Onwards and upwards
Attimus

So frustrating knowing I could have had all the pieces I needed off of one sheet but I made a bad cut in the beginning and ended up being about a 1/2 inch short at the end. Thought I was gonna have to buy a whole sheet. Ended up not. Made a quick stop at my grandmas house on the way in to pick up an old dog igloo she had and my cousin had the wood that I needed there. Also gave me a few tools minus battery supply and the hinges and latch for the duck gate.
Currently waiting on some to go lunch then back to work for a bit before I go to work. Lol. I think this is all going to come together rather quickly.

Attimus

So frustrating knowing I could have had all the pieces I needed off of one sheet but I made a bad cut in the beginning and ended up being about a 1/2 inch short at the end. Thought I was gonna have to buy a whole sheet. Ended up not. Made a quick stop at my grandmas house on the way in to pick up an old dog igloo she had and my cousin had the wood that I needed there. Also gave me a few tools minus battery supply and the hinges and latch for the duck gate.
Currently waiting on some to go lunch then back to work for a bit before I go to work. Lol. I think this is all going to come together rather quickly.

Attimus

Thank god for grandmas! It all work out after all!!

If the mayo recipe works please give me a copy of it. Also, I asked a ton of people about Pickled eggs... Everyone that liked them likes the ones that are made with beets. I have yet to do it but I will at some point... I kind of create more projects than I can do at one time. LOL Also, If I need to used up a ton of eggs at once. I make my boys Monte cristos.. LOL so you are more than welcome to come over and make my boys monte cristos if you need to. Much love to you and yours.

Good night at work. Special quail was a hit. Thanks to @granny hatchet for giving me the idea on the sauce. Here it is.

Sweet chili apricot glazed grilled quail. Couscous and sauted bok choy.

Roasted red pepper vinegrette, d'anjou pears, crunchy fennel and red onion, salt and pepper toasted walnuts and feta cheese over spring greens.

Attimus
Well, yum, Attimus. A good time for me to get back on the forum to visit. Moved to Vancouver WA in Sept and will be looking for a lease for acreage to do a small produce garden/ catfish pond. The weather is outrageously beautiful up here. I'm used to Shreveport La's flat land.

Back
Top Bottom