my very own micro farm

Pics
Just registered with chipdrop for free mulch. Few simple questions about what I wanted and where I wanted it dropped and thats that. Now I just wait for an arborist to be in my area that's also connected with it and I'll be flagged on his map for drop off.

Have about 10 or 12 feet of wire to hammer down and I'm done with the fencing for now. Might have finished if I went to work a half hour later.
Running quail on the chefs special again tomorrow with a new sauce and a similar salad as another we've run.
Took a stab at making fresh mayo, not sure how the results are gonna be, think it might break needs to sit for another 30 minutes or so. Gonna keep trying tho, always something new to do with eggs. Also think I'm gonna pick up some Mason jars and try pickling some of them. I certainly have an overabundance.

Onwards and upwards
Attimus

Quote: You will when you get old!!
gig.gif
Perspectives indeed change.
I just spent a couple hours building and am now taking a break....for probably at least a couple hours.

Im excited for you... I havent yet purchased anything for my bator.. but I will give you some advice... Look up the natural way a hen lays and hatches and try to simulate that process. Dont be nervous of screw ups, Aart, told me it is part of the learning process... so blank eggs and blood rings are part of the learning process. I have faith in you, you are way smarter than I. Sometimes too much information makes you mess up. Be patient, watch your temp. your humidity and only candle on the days that Aart layed out for me on my thread. Good luck.

Im excited for you... I havent yet purchased anything for my bator.. but I will give you some advice... Look up the natural way a hen lays and hatches and try to simulate that process. Dont be nervous of screw ups, Aart, told me it is part of the learning process... so blank eggs and blood rings are part of the learning process. I have faith in you, you are way smarter than I. Sometimes too much information makes you mess up. Be patient, watch your temp. your humidity and only candle on the days that Aart layed out for me on my thread. Good luck.
:Oh and turn those eggs as often as you can or your wife can.

Back
Top Bottom