my very own micro farm

Pics
Just some fun pictures from before I headed to work.

Good looking flock and the button who is helping you give them treats! I miss that age ! Enjoy ! Goes fast! My daughter just graduated high school. Now 3 boys to go!
Looks like everything is coming together well! All the food is killing me. It also looks so good! Do you make the menu for the day?
How's incubator going?

My last pullet started laying last Saturday. She came out of a assorted hatch egg. I thought she was a blue isbar Like Matilda but now I'm thinking olive egger.
the dark ones are Olivia the two lighter green are Matilda. They almost look identical I'll take pictures of both of them.

@Angie16hearts thanks, the kiddo is adorable and loves to be outside with the chickens and ducks, not long and she'll have a hammer in hand helping me patch stuff up out here. ;)
At brunch I get to come up with the specials but we also do classic eggs and bacon, pancakes and such. The chefs specials we do once in a while at night are separate from the evenings daily specials and start at the boss with a protein, we bounce ideas for veg starch and sauces then I come up with a salad to pair with it. I have no hand in deciding the daily specials aside from making various buerre blanc's and other sauces for different types of fish.
I'm glad your eggs are moving along well, I believe I have the majority of what I need for the incubator but am waiting to out it together until I'm done with the majority of the fencing. My thermostat and thermo/hyrdo were the last two things to show up in the mail.
I'll have 5 or 6 ways to check temp and 3 for humidity, hopefully it should be enough :).
I collected 14 eggs yesterday O.O lol the ducks are coming into season too and just dropping em wherever. Everyone is quite busy with the nice 70+ weather we have had, storms a coming tho.

Procrastinated a bit on the fence yesterday and spent half the day waiting on a delivery, when the guy got here he happened to asked about my discs and I was like I have a course, we ended up playing three holes. Lol. Good day.
up nice and early today. Got the bottoms marked and cut and set in place. Now I'm waiting on my battery to charge for the drill :( I'm really kinda over cordless at this point. To top it the battery is on its way out. The other one died this morning and they don't even make the model of battery I need anymore to replace it so I have to buy a whole new set.
Waiting on my buddy to swing by and give me a hand. Just gonna straighten up until then I guess.

Onwards and upwards
Attimus

Procrastinated a bit on the fence yesterday and spent half the day waiting on a delivery, when the guy got here he happened to asked about my discs and I was like I have a course, we ended up playing three holes. Lol. Good day.
up nice and early today. Got the bottoms marked and cut and set in place. Now I'm waiting on my battery to charge for the drill
sad.png
I'm really kinda over cordless at this point. To top it the battery is on its way out. The other one died this morning and they don't even make the model of battery I need anymore to replace it so I have to buy a whole new set.
Waiting on my buddy to swing by and give me a hand. Just gonna straighten up until then I guess.

Onwards and upwards
Attimus
Not much more to buy new drill as new battery...been there done that...a couple times now.

Is your Frisbee throwing affected much with the 'new' fingertips?

Not much more to buy new drill as new battery...been there done that...a couple times now.

Is your Frisbee throwing affected much with the 'new' fingertips?

Seriously right those batteries are expensive. I threw par on my course yesterday, my best game is 3 under. There's a scar on the inside of my middle knuckle that catches when I throw certain angles but its not too bad.

Gonna keep it short, still a ways to go. Woods up, all that's left is the gate. Now it's onto stretching out the wire. One friend never showed up but another did, so it worked out.
Keep forgetting, planted one of those trees to close to the dog line, he helped remind me i had to move it by pulling it out for me. It's in a better spot with a good dose of compost to help it along. I also slacked a bit with my green onions last season, and have a new method for this year after seeing how they grew loose.

My plan this year is to spread them out and spread a bit of dirt over them, repeat as i get more.
The weather is supposed to return to wet after our weekish of sunny 70s. Looks like it might start now, I should go make sure all is put up.

Onwards and upwards
Attimus

I've just read through your whole thread and am subscribing! I can't believe the rate at which you build new things! I wish I was that handy with tools...

Best way to stop a hawk from building a nest near your chickens..... Double digit wind storm knocked the crap outta that nest they started, lol. Probably should have consulted the weatherman before they moved in. took a quick look on the way to work and it's significantly smaller than yesterday, supposed to be a big rain storm but it's only been huge gusts of wind.
Got 4 sides of wire done on the duck enclosure. Two to go.

Got this wind egg from one of my oldest girls today, they're always good for a chuckle. 7.7 grams

@catcrazy37 much appreciated. I like to stay busy. I really don't have that much knowledge with tools and there have been a few setbacks but I've found that with most of my projects, simply starting it can be the hardest part. I look alot of stuff up but tend to still try and jump right into it.

Onwards and upwards
Attimus

Back
Top Bottom