my very own micro farm

Pics
Incubator update.. Lids almost sealed up. Plexi is in. Exterior window framed. After that I'll install hardware and hinge.

And starting the inside

Moving right along.

Here's my first broody hen of the year getting comfy on a dozen ee eggs.

She was moved to the broody condo this morning after confirmation around 3am when she was still in the nest.
Fun fun.

Onwards and upwards
Attimus

Congrats! Yay! I have 5 so far . There are 3 more in the incubator. Crossing fingers
the Blue Isbar egg needed up making it. It's one of my new favorites . Big eggs small hem. Everything is looking good !

@Angie16hearts how'd the rest of the hatch go. Can't wait to see more pics of those crazy small chicks.

I have one egg left the other two did not make it. I have a problem the egg is hatching out of the wrong side should I help? It has an air sac that looks healthy but it zipped on the opposite I'll take a picture

I have one egg left the other two did not make it. I have a problem the egg is hatching out of the wrong side should I help? It has an air sac that looks healthy but it zipped on the opposite I'll take a picture
check the incubating with friends thread. Lots of helpful info about that situation and great friendly people. I'll tag you there.
Edited, don't know why I wrote hatching lol.

Last edited:
check the incubating with friends thread. Lots of helpful info about that situation and great friendly people. I'll tag you there.
Edited, don't know why I wrote hatching lol.

Thank you! It's alive and chirping faintly . I had hopes yesterday that this one would hatch. It's from one of my best hens .
1f64f-1f3fd.png
1f630.png
I have assisted hatch wit success but not in this situation. It's trying to get out eggs moving around. Thanks a million! Keep you posted and I'll take pics of the fuzzies.

Thank you! It's alive and chirping faintly . I had hopes yesterday that this one would hatch. It's from one of my best hens .
1f64f-1f3fd.png
1f630.png
I have assisted hatch wit success but not in this situation. It's trying to get out eggs moving around. Thanks a million! Keep you posted and I'll take pics of the fuzzies.
relaying the message, it should be alright, as long as it's chirping and moving a bit, basically pipped and zipped at the same time.

It is malposition. It may need an air hole put in where it is eternally pipped... so it doesn't drown. Keep us posted on this.

Really been pushing myself to get this guy done in the hours before work.

Electrical is a go, walked in the door 10 mins ago and connected the last wire to the pleasant shine of screen and temp. Started my cuts for lights and wiring yesterday. Started sealing the interior today. Only a few days left at this point.

Always onwards and upwards
Attimus.

I Wonder what will be next to build?

Back
Top Bottom