Myurbanfarmers "The Resort" chicken coop

......and the only posts that @chickenmama2016 has made on BYC is to tout this coop manufacturer.
Would love to see a pic of @chickenmama2016 's myurbanfarmers coop with 6 birds roosting in it taken tonite with 6 months of wear on coop.

Me too!!! How about it chickenmama2016? You up for a photo shoot?
gig.gif

I have only responded to this thread and left 1 review. @jallen062 which i left back in October. And @aart as I said it is never the best option to leave chickens in a coop, I personally wouldn't keep my chicken contained all the time and I knew that when going into this that I wanted to let them into my yard for the most part, like I said each person is to be aware of their own situation. I am just stating my experience. Of course going out and spending the $2000 for a handmade Amish one is going to be something that will be amazing but they are expensive and don't offer to transport them very far. I looked at those and into something like that and when it was all said and done it was going to be over $2700. That just wasn't doable. I spent around $400 and have been satisfied for 6 months sorry that makes you all upset I guess. I didn't encounter the issues that you people did, and as I said in my other review, which I still agree with this site is more negative than positive on anything I've read. Negative people are louder. I think any one purchasing something for that price would realize these aren't 2X4 coops...I was told mine was fir and it doesn't appear to be plywood to me. So I am not sure about yours? If I paid around $400 and lodge is less money sounds like you are embellishing the cost of yours as well. Either way I am not here to argue I had a good experience and am satisfied.

**Side note. Maybe they do delete off their facebook I don't know I haven't seen any negativity there and hadn't looked at since I purchased but there are many customers showing their own coop that they built from them. I counted at least 7-8 without scrolling too far, and they all seemed happy. You can't please everyone in business. My original comment was directed at the person that is complaining about them stating how many hens they can fit in it. But once again they post their dimensions and it is up to the chicken owner to read that and decide how many can fit. Sadly this how it is at the co-op's. My local co-op says you can put EIGHT in a size that is similar if not smaller than the Lodge when I asked them about it they say the same thing we go off min. sq ft per hen and customer decides what works best.

I have only responded to this thread and left 1 review. @jallen062 which i left back in October. And @aart as I said it is never the best option to leave chickens in a coop, I personally wouldn't keep my chicken contained all the time and I knew that when going into this that I wanted to let them into my yard for the most part, like I said each person is to be aware of their own situation. I am just stating my experience. Of course going out and spending the $2000 for a handmade Amish one is going to be something that will be amazing but they are expensive and don't offer to transport them very far. I looked at those and into something like that and when it was all said and done it was going to be over $2700. That just wasn't doable. I spent around $400 and have been satisfied for 6 months sorry that makes you all upset I guess. I didn't encounter the issues that you people did, and as I said in my other review, which I still agree with this site is more negative than positive on anything I've read. Negative people are louder. I think any one purchasing something for that price would realize these aren't 2X4 coops...I was told mine was fir and it doesn't appear to be plywood to me. So I am not sure about yours? If I paid around $400 and lodge is less money sounds like you are embellishing the cost of yours as well. Either way I am not here to argue I had a good experience and am satisfied.

I said the DOOR was plywood. The rest was warped 1/2 inch tongue and groove crap that was STAPLED together. My husband downloaded wichita cabin coop plans for $5 and built an AMAZING coop for $1000. And I'm not 'sorry' for you, I'm sorry for your chickens. I'm glad you paid $400 for a bigger coop. They dropped the price of the kona after I ordered mine. I have my receipt that I can post. I also paid $100 for shipping, so $600 all together. The coop arrived TRASHED and they didn't offer to send replacement pieces. Good thing hubby is an engineer;) How about I post my receipt and all the emails I have from them? Go look at my posts and see the pics and how mine arrived-then come back and argue with me.

And my chickens free range ALL day, only come in to sleep at night. Still, there is NO way I would confine them to to that awful excuse for a coop.

I'd love to see pics of your coop with your chickens in it. We would all love to.

And as far as your notion that this site is so negative: Here is my take. This site is a godsend because it doesn't sugar coat things and doesn't baby people like you. This is the only place I go for advice on my chickens. They tell it like it is. If you don't like it, you don't have to be here. And it seems you are ONLY here to tout these coops!

Personally even the chicken coop kits with good reviews i saw still had that one "but" being that in one area it was cheaply made or didn't fit together right, despite having 16 chickens and not finding a coop big enough for them. I decided to build my own, I made it upon my own design which was the best part about it and it is very sturdy compared to something you would buy off a site. I would recommend building your own, it adds more fun to the chicken raising world and that feeling of accomplishment is always a great reward after its all said and done.

I didn't do my research and I was taken by Nicole and Alan Hyatt. Their website makes them sound like a reputable, highly-recommended company--they're not. If you read the posts here, on Yelp, and the Better Business Bureau, you get the real story. They (in my opinion) scam artists trying to make a quick buck.

My story: I purchased a coop from them that I was told to expect within six weeks. 10 weeks later, no coop. I cancelled my order after finally reading reviews and realizing I was unlikely going to get a quality product if I recieved one at all. Their excuses for the delay are the same as they were a year ago--coop redesign. Also, if I waited any longer, I would be subject to their draconian return policy--25% cancellation fee. My chicks are now in a new home, but it was quite the hassle to get my money back and find something similar at a good price. Like many people, I was drawn to Chicken Coops NW because the prices were so reasonable, but I guess you get what you pay for.

Here are some observations on why you should stay away from this business:

1. They've changed their company name and website to avoid being associated with the "F" rating they recieved from the Better Business Bureau: Farm To Barn Hay Company, My Urban Farmers, and Chicken Coops NW. They are an LLC--not accredited.

2. All addresses associated with their businesses are incorrect (one is the local McDonalds!!). PS - I have their actual address if anyone is interested in suing them (PM me).

3. They live on a small residential lot--it is unclear where they're making all these chicken coops. It's more likely that they are buying bulk, factory seconds (regardless of the country of orgin) and then passing them on as home-made. This is my guess.

4. Many people report that it takes three months to recieve their order. This is consistant with a business that wants to wait out your VISA's 60-day fraud period (the period in which you can get your money back from your credit card company), leaving you at the mercy of their purchase agreement.

5. Their facebook and business website(s) only post glowing reviews. They delete negative comments from facebook. They report negative posts on Criagslist, etc... Did I mention that they advertise their coops on Ebay, Etsy, Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, etc..., etc...?

6. Their negative reviews: Yelp, YouTube Video of Product

I could go on and on. Please do not buy a coop from this company.

I am sick! I found this thread 2 hours after ordering the resort coop. I immediately cancelled via email and phone, and they say they are keeping 25%. I told them I was reporting them, and they said they were used to it... I notified my credit card company, and they are going to fight for all of my money back-

I am sick! I found this thread 2 hours after ordering the resort coop. I immediately cancelled via email and phone, and they say they are keeping 25%. I told them I was reporting them, and they said they were used to it... I notified my credit card company, and they are going to fight for all of my money back-

Goga5000 - Make a fraud complaint with your VISA and show them the BBB rating, Yelp, and these posts as evidence. They are on VISA's radar and VISA can reimburse you. We opted not to cancel our order (after it was over a month late) with the company and instead went to VISA directly--so that Alan Hyatt couldn't scam us further. VISA doesn't allow a 25% cancellation fee--it goes against their user agreement.

I'm sure they're used to it. They're running a scam.

Goga5000 - Make a fraud complaint with your VISA and show them the BBB rating, Yelp, and these posts as evidence. They are on VISA's radar and VISA can reimburse you. We opted not to cancel our order (after it was over a month late) with the company and instead went to VISA directly--so that Alan Hyatt couldn't scam us further. VISA doesn't allow a 25% cancellation fee--it goes against their user agreement.

I'm sure they're used to it. They're running a scam.

Thank you- Here's what's happened: I was only reimbursed 75% by Alan, he even kept 25% of non-existent-shipping! I called Visa back on Tuesday once the money had posted, and they took all of my information, and immediately credited me back the remaining 25%. They are going to go after him now. This has convinced me to build my own coop again~

Back
Top Bottom