Myurbanfarmers "The Resort" chicken coop

Thank you- Here's what's happened: I was only reimbursed 75% by Alan, he even kept 25% of non-existent-shipping! I called Visa back on Tuesday once the money had posted, and they took all of my information, and immediately credited me back the remaining 25%. They are going to go after him now. This has convinced me to build my own coop again~

So glad your VISA company took care of you. I don't see how they're not brought up on charges of bank fraud.

So glad your VISA company took care of you. I don't see how they're not brought up on charges of bank fraud.
Because the customer "agrees" to it. There is legality in that. If you click the "I agree" button you need to read what it is you are agreeing to. However if there is no agreement prior to the purchase then it is not possible for them to keep your money, typically when there is something like that on a website that means the card companies they accept have had to review it and agree to it as well.

And that's why VISA has returned 100% of everyone's money (including mine) who I've talked to in recent months.

I posted this in response to your post in another thread, and I'm going to post it here as well. [This user questioned the facts of my previous posts and I responded to set the record straight. Please use Google to look up the references to other websites.]

I'm going to assume this is Nicole or Alan. There isn't a single thing in my review that's false. They advertise their website on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace in addition to their own website (fact). They used to go by the name Farm to Barn Hay Company and that business got an F rating on BBB (fact). They currently go by My Urban Farmers, LLC on BBB and have a C- rating with zero positive reviews (fact). Yelp currently has 15 bad reviews and zero positive reviews for Chicken Coops NW (fact); there's not a single good review on Yahoo! reviews either (fact). Their purchase agreement is in direct violation of the VISA user agreement (fact). The coops are being purchased in China and shipped to the US (fact). https://panjiva.com/Alan-Hyatt/35477066 and http://www.usportexaminer.com/company/alan-hyatt/394768.php

Yelp = 15 one star reviews (no repeats):
https://www.yelp.com/biz/my-urban-farmers-marysville

If you look at the touching story they've posted on their website and then the reality of where the coops actually come from, you have to question their honesty and integrity. I think everyone can agree that reviews posted on their website alone are suspect since they only post positive reviews.

I know that Alan has had other jobs--that's apparent from any Google search (Nicole as well).

Look, I'm a reasonable, educated individual--a mother and a professional. I don't wish them ill. However, if you actually know them and "live on their road," you need to know that they have tried to swindle lots of hard working people out of money. They may be nice, but their "side" business is a scam. When I called my VISA to get my money back, the individual on the phone actually said, "Oh, them again." (What a small world!)

I also know that they've been reported to several local news agencies (in WA State) by concerned citizens--and are being investigated for fraud. Be careful not to get caught up in their naughty behavior.

Last edited:
It's obvious you're the unscrupulous vendor and you're in another thread pretending to be the vendor's neighbor. You're not doing yourself any favors, btw.
Because the customer "agrees" to it. There is legality in that. If you click the "I agree" button you need to read what it is you are agreeing to. However if there is no agreement prior to the purchase then it is not possible for them to keep your money, typically when there is something like that on a website that means the card companies they accept have had to review it and agree to it as well.

Avoid myurbanfarmers.com and chickencoopsnw.com like the plague. They're the same "company", only changing names, adding imaginary staff, etc. Read all about them on the BBB's site, yelp, and elsewhere. Total ripoffs, existing only to fleece the unsuspecting. Just one lie after another. You can find any of these coops elsewhere on the 'net with free shipping, too.

Last edited:
SO glad I found this site and true reviews of those coops. Just getting started on considering a small flock and was close to pulling the trigger on one. :eek:

We're in the planning stages of starting a 3-chicken thing. Must be old age, but I talked with them on the phone on a Sunday. The coop I saw was "sold out" on their site, but they "just happened" to have one. Before I knew it, I ordered, then quickly cancelled after seeing the online reviews. I never filled out their form. They charged me 25% for cancelling (for what!??) and tried to cheat on the credit (was $25+ short). After all I read, it could have been much, much worse than the $64.75 ripoff.

We're in the planning stages of starting a 3-chicken thing. Must be old age, but I talked with them on the phone on a Sunday. The coop I saw was "sold out" on their site, but they "just happened" to have one. Before I knew it, I ordered, then quickly cancelled after seeing the online reviews. I never filled out their form. They charged me 25% for cancelling (for what!??) and tried to cheat on the credit (was $25+ short). After all I read, it could have been much, much worse than the $64.75 ripoff.
Did you pay by credit card? You can call your CC company and get all your money back.

Avoid myurbanfarmers.com and chickencoops.com like the plague. They're the same "company", only changing names, adding imaginary staff, etc. Read all about them on the BBB's site, yelp, and elsewhere. Total ripoffs, existing only to fleece the unsuspecting. Just one lie after another. You can find any of these coops elsewhere on the 'net with free shipping, too.
Did you pay by credit card? You can call your CC company and get all your money back.
I've just been reading that on this forum. I didn't agree to the terms, so after reading that, immediately just emailed them to credit me the $64.75. Once I get their response (I know they'll say no), then I'll contact my card company. I've already started a case with them.

Back
Top Bottom