Naked Neck/Turken Thread

I think I am seeing saddle feathers. :hit
View attachment 1064935

Pretty sure this is a girl. My NN..naked neck all the way. My husband says, looks like a vulture. Yep. :DView attachment 1064936

I love this girl. Fully feathered, that feathering is beautiful.
View attachment 1064941 View attachment 1064943 View attachment 1064945
And this little one looks like a boy already. Has a pretty white patch going on around the chest.View attachment 1064948 View attachment 1064951

This white one had a stick em up feather, I thought it was just out of place for a day, but now there are two?? Thinking boy.View attachment 1064953

All of these are from your last hatch.

In your quote above...If you were talking about the more buff girl...the older one, she came from Desert..I remember her clear from when she hatched..kept my eye on that one the whole time, crossing my fingers that it was a girl..just like I am for this younger one of yours that is more orange and white..love them.
It very well could be from Desert. I remember now you talking about it. I've got a couple that are similar here at the house.

It very well could be from Desert. I remember now you talking about it. I've got a couple that are similar here at the house.
No, these are from you.

The one I am thinking is from Desert is the older buff girl. I know, I posted a lot of photos...and, no way my orange and white is a boy..no way! :(

ANYONE :

Posted a few pages ago. #21197 Needing Turkin Ideas.

What would Chicks Be : Bantam NN Sizzle Roo & Silver OEGB Hens.
- Elvis the Roo -

Attached Files:

My guess would be some sort of birchen with various amounts of white on neck. But I've never bred these two so can't say for sure.
1/4 to half of chicks would be Nn and half would be frizzle.

What is Birchen ? ( Old English Game Banty ) best Forum guess hens R ) what do I look for in Hen/should I breed Elvis with for strong patterns Frizzle Bantam Chicks ? the smaller Pullets, or the Hens ? Auction is Sat. getting my mind deciding on Who to take.

Last edited:
I have a birchen, the color, if that is what you meant..wondering, in a cochin.
20170704_171137.jpg
20170704_171253.jpg
20170704_171254.jpg

Between the baby and life, I haven't even had much time to lurk! Keep the pictures and the updates coming! I will say that I'm not a fan of the site re-work... especially how they changed the gallery function. Oh well.

We have had 3 storms with over 90 mph winds in the last month... we're getting a new roof and new siding... chicken-wise: one storm rolled our mobile chicken wagon. It appears to have rolled 1.5 times... somehow the thing stayed in-tact! We lost 6 chickens out of our remaining 60. Unfortunately, some of our favorites.

I took a couple quick shots to show off our two contenders NN roo's. I'll probably end up with the barred rooster, although the white one is GORGEOUS.

Out of the 250+ birds, we are especially proud of the last rooster, I think he might have Nn recessive in him. He's a monster. A horny one, we're calling him "Randy".

_2017-07-10 050.jpg
_2017-07-10 010.jpg
_2017-07-10 006.jpg
227.JPG

Back
Top Bottom