Need help in FL - Advice on City Codes and talking with Code Enforcement

Any word on the enforcement? I just heard something on the news about a debary family with an autistic son that has been sent the dreaded "letter." I too live in Debary and have had chickens for over 2 years. I don't have any roosters and don't advertise that I have them. I also checked out the code and couldn't find anything prohibiting them. I am getting paranoid now that I will get a letter as well. eeek

To all on this thread: I am a (small animal) veterinarian, and a chicken owner. I am willing to meet with the Debary city officials if they have questions regarding illness or zoonotic diseases, if anyone thinks this would be helpful. I am uncertain if I should take the initiative to call them, since I live north of DeLand in unincorporated Volusia, but I am willing to help. Personal message me if anyone knows a way in which I could be helpful.

To all on this thread:  I am a (small animal) veterinarian, and a chicken owner.  I am willing to meet with the Debary city officials if they have questions regarding illness or zoonotic diseases, if anyone thinks this would be helpful.  I am uncertain if I should take the initiative to call them, since I live north of DeLand in unincorporated Volusia, but I am willing to help.  Personal message me if anyone knows a way in which I could be helpful.  

It won't hurt to call them. I've been working with the group Chickens for Deltona. I will be at the DeBary meeting on Wednesday to show my support.

Have tou joined the Facebook group Chicken Enthriasts in and around Volusia County?

Do you treat chickens?

At what population does a town start to feel like it needs to play nanny to its citizens? Sounds to me like Debary needs other things to worry about if the biggest problem with crime they have is gangsta chicken owners. Drive-by eggings and all that goes along with a life of crime.....

Greetings;

I am going to see my attorney for an unrelated matter and i promise to discuss the chicken ordinance.

I use eggs in my diet, for health and at 3.65 for eggs, chickens cut cost. . i would appreciate as many people as possible to call me Alvin Maldonado at 715 254 4413, or at my cp 386 228 5400. Email addresses is better.

Lawyers love class action suits.

I am tired of government sticking there nose in my business and on my property.

I made the City of Debary post on there computers under no circumstances are they to set foot on my property. People need to do

that to prevent nosey City of Debary ballbusters

Greetings;

I am going to see my attorney for an unrelated matter and i promise to discuss the chicken ordinance.

I use eggs in my diet, for health and at 3.65 for eggs, chickens cut cost. . i would appreciate as many people as possible to call me Alvin Maldonado at 715 254 4413, or at my cp 386 228 5400. Email addresses is better.

Lawyers love class action suits.

I am tired of government sticking there nose in my business and on my property.

I made the City of Debary post on there computers under no circumstances are they to set foot on my property. People need to do

that to prevent nosey City of Debary ballbusters
Run them off right, and they won't be back! I don't figure the computer posting will do much good as these types of folks are too sorry to work a real job to start with, and get their kicks out of minding other folks' business.

Imagine going home after a long, tiring day of persecuting chicken owners. You can sit down to supper and tell the kids all about it. "Daddy shut down four illegal chicken gangstas today, kids!" Sorta like the SS troops during the Holocaust. You know the old argument....."Somebody's gotta do it....."

Last edited:
I wonder how ol' Adolf felt about chickens?

Yep, they can do it here, too. Just keep letting them run over you.....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom