needed some easy crockpot recipes

Bare bottom farm

Songster
10 Years
Aug 23, 2009
White Pine
Hi all, I have started back to work full time and I need some easy but health crockpot recipes???
pop.gif

I stuff in a hunk of meat or a chicken, then add some cut up potatoes and whatever vegetable I'm in the mood for. Then I pour a can of broth over it and sprinkle some herbs on top.

Smoked pork hocks , some finely chopped carrots, chopped onions and a bag of whatever kind of dry beans you fancy. I like the bag of mixed dry beans that most any store sells. Throw it all in, top off with water or stock, go to work and when you get back the house smells great. Just fish out the bones when you serve it up. Fresh crusty bread with butter on the side.

Slow cooker Ribs

INGREDIENTS:
4 pounds pork baby back ribs
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups ketchup
1 cup chili sauce
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
4 tablespoons vinegar
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons Worcestershire
sauce
1 dash hot sauce

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Season ribs with salt and pepper. Place in a shallow baking pan. Brown
in oven 15 minutes. Turn over, and brown another 15 minutes; drain fat.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the ketchup, chili sauce, brown sugar,
vinegar, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and salt and
pepper. Place ribs in slow cooker. Pour sauce over ribs, and turn to
coat.
4. Cover, and cook on Low 6 to 8 hours, or until ribs are tender.

Campbell's
00ae.png
Slow-Cooker Chicken and Dumplings

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken
breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1
-inch pieces
2 cups whole baby carrots
2 stalks celery, sliced
2 cans Campbell's Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
1 cup water
1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cups all-purpose baking mix
2/3 cup milk

DIRECTIONS:
1. Place the chicken, potatoes, carrots and celery into a 6-quart slow cooker.
2. Stir the soup, water, thyme and black pepper in a small bowl. Pour the soup mixture over the chicken and vegetables.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours* or until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Stir the baking mix and milk in a medium bowl. Spoon the batter over the chicken mixture. Turn the heat to HIGH. Tilt the lid to vent and cook for 30 minutes or until the dumplings are cooked in the center.

chili

1lb lean ground beef
1 onion chopped
1 can of red kidney beans (540 ml)
1 can of white kidney beans (540 ml)
1 can of black beans (540ml)
2 cans of brown beans (soup can size)
1 can of kernel corn (optional)
1 or 2 cans of plum (796ml) tomatoes (depending how much tomato you like).. NO JUICE.. just tomato

season with your usual seasonings

throw everything into the crock pot in the morning... mix well... put on low for 6 - 8 hours

(throw the beef in raw and mix it in... it looks like slop but it will slow cook all day)

I will make this ahead the night before and put in a tupperware bowl the night before so all I have to do in the morning is dump it into the stone crock

(ps.. dont place your stone crock in the fridge over night and then place the stone into the cooker... this will can crack your stone..... ask me how I know
roll.png
)

Last edited:
Fix it and Forget it--Kids cookbook

makes 5-6 servings/ prep: 10 min/cook time 2-6 hours

ingredients:

2 1/2 cups uncooked noodles
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1/2 cup shredded swiss or sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup sliced almonds, optional
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms, optional
6 or 12 oz can tuna--depending on how much tuna you like
10 3/4 oz can cream of mushroom soup
half a soup can of water
1 cup frozen peas

1) Mix the uncooked noodles, salt, onions, cheese, almonds, and mushrooms in your crock pot.

2) Stir in tuna.

3) Fill up half of the empty soup can with water and add to mixture.

4) Stir until well mixed.

5)Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-6 hours.

6) Stir casserole every hour or so.

7) 20 min. before end of cook time...stir in peas. If you cooked on high heat, turn it to low heat at this point.

8) Cook 20 more minutes.

***I condendensed some steps...I didn't bother telling you all to use your pot holders when lifting the lids. I figure you already knew. This is a cook book geared for kids but it has some good recipes.
tongue.png

This author also has a Fix it and forget it crockpot book for adults with 700 recipes and on the New York Times Best seller list...her name is Phyllis Pellman Good...the childrens book has 50 recipes from breakfast, snacks, lunch, dinner, dessert. Also has listed diabetic and healthy eating slow cooker cookbooks.

***************OP said this recipe needs a substantial amount of more water so it's not so dry. I think she said she's trying 2 cups more water. Just a heads up so you can adjust. I hadn't tried it yet...just got the book from the book fair at dd's school. Sorry. ****

Last edited:
Take a beef roast throw it in. Add quartered potatoes, sliced carrots, and a can of cream of mushroom soup. Let er cook all day and wala dinner.

Don't know about healthy, but I really like a pepperoncini roast. Super easy...put a roast in the crockpot with two jars of pepperoncinis, cover, and go. Oh, you need to like foods that are a bit spicey to enjoy this
smile.png

Quote:
if you have leftovers from this roast...

you can cut bite size cubes
1 can of plum or stewed tomatoes... (juice included)
1 can of red kidney beans (optional)
bite size cube tomatoes
bite size carrots
few table spoons pot barley or any dried soup mix (amount will depend on the size of crock pot and the amount of stock added)
season to taste
cover with chicken stock or beef stock about 2" over the veggies and stuff

put crock pot on low for 4 - 6 hours ... 2 - 4 hours on high

Back
Top Bottom