needed some easy crockpot recipes

if you go into your spices isle of your grocery store... where the packet gravy is... you should find crock pot mixes for everything under the sun. we LOVE the pulled pork sandwiches and the BBQ ribs

droolin.gif
Great recipes!! I put a lamb shoulder in this am with mushrooms,carrots,onio and celery seed and bay leaves and water. Will see how it turns out????

I can't wait to try some of these great recipes. THANK YOU ALL!!!
love.gif

Tederized pork cutlets. Fill crock half full of water. add celery cut up finely. quarter potatoes and carrots and pork and 3 can cream of mushroom. Season to taste.

Big tip for saving time get crock pot liners they really work well and clean up is so easy!
Also if you plan on making lots of crock pot dinner on your day off cut up an onion and some celery and put them in a plastic bag and freeze them. When you go to use the it will save lots of time.

i am on a diet so here goes....
one pork loin cut into 1"cubes
2 jars pace picante'
dash of garlic powder
splash of wine

serve with tortilla and beans and rice

chicken caccatori

4 breast cut into cubes
1 bell pepper
1pkg sliced mushrooms
1onion diced
1/2 tsp oregano
splash of wine
salt and pepper
1 large can crushed tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic crushed

serve over polenta, rice, noodles

Last edited:
From the "Eat Clean Diet Cookbook"

SLOW COOKER CHICKEN CASSOULET

2 – 15 oz can navy beans, pinto beans or black-eyed peas, rinsed & well drained. (I use pinto beans and Ranch style w/Jalepenos)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 1 small skinless boneless turkey breast cut into 4 large pieces.
Sea salt & fresh ground black pepper
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 2/3 cups low sodium chicken stock
1 med onion peeled and chopped
4 celery stalks trimmed and chopped
4 garlic cloves passed through a garlic press
¼ cup sundried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
3 large carrots, peeled & cut into chunks
¼ cup fresh basil chopped fine
1 tsp thyme
2 Tbsp fresh minced parsley

Preparation:

1. Spread one can of beans in the bottom of your slow cooker pot.
2. Season poultry w/pepper & salt. Heat oil over med heat in skillet. Brown the poultry on both sides x 5 min both sides. Place chicken on top of beans in cooker. Top w/ remaining can of beans & stock.
3. Saute onions, celery, garlic, tomatoes, carrots, & herbs using same skillet. Spread mixture over the ingredients in crock pot. Cover & slow cook x several hours.

From my mama's kitchen:

A1 Roast

Ingredients:

1 Beef Roast (cheap cut is good)
1 can 99% fat free cream of chicken soup
1 can 99% fat free cream of mushroom soup
1 cup low sodium beef bouillon
1 onion cut up
3 large carrots cut up
1 small jar of A1 steak sauce (or you can use the Great Value brand)

eta: 1 pkg of dry onion soup mix

Brown your roast on all side. Salt & pepper to taste. Mix soups, bouillon, onion soup mix, and A1 sauce together. Put roast in crockpot. Put vegatables in crock pot. Pour liquid over. Cover & cook on low for 6-8 hours.

carol

Last edited:
I like to use the Schilling Slow Cookers
http://www.mccormick.com/Products/Seasoning-Mixes/Slow-Cookers.aspx

I just brown the meat and toss in the crock with water, the spice packet and whatever veggies.

If you flour-dredge and brown your chicken pieces before adding to the crock with the chicken noodle soup packet , all you need to do is make up a quick dumpling recipe and plop in while you get settled in and you have chicken and dumplings with a nice gravy.

For the beef stew or Pot Roast packets , I add a cup of red wine and an extra 2 cups water or beef broth and some barley and you have a great beef barley soup. Iuse these becasue I have not been able toi find the Vegetable beef soup one.

The packets saves you a ton of time measuring out spices etc. And if you find them on sale (I found them once at 2/$1) stock up.

Toss a roast (beef or pork) in there, dump a bottle of barbeque sauce on top and let it go all day... pulled pork or beef sandwiches for dinner!

Someone mentioned the packets... I LOVE the flavor of the beef stroganoff ones.

I have also fallen in love with some Wildtree products for the slow cooker... like the "Wicked Good slow cooker sauce" and the chicken catchiatorre sauce. YUM! You have to order those though (online or from a home party).

I'll take two large or 4 medium boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about a pound to pound and a half total), cut them into cubes and put it into the crock put with a jar of Mrs. Renfro's peach salsa (mmmm yummy), a little water, about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of quinoa. Turn it on, go to work, come home 8-10 hours later & dinner's ready.

4 Chicken Breasts
1 sm can cream of chicken
1 sm can cream of celery
White wine optional

spray crock pot with pam....
place breasts in crock pot . Pour cans of soup on top.. and 1/ cup white wine .. cook on low all day. Serve with noodles or rice.. Plus a vegegable.

I take left over chicen and the broth and make chicken pot pie later in the week..

If you use more than four breast then use the Larger cans of cream of chicken, or celery soup... You can also use cream of mushroom..

Back
Top Bottom