Neem oil for mites

Has anyone used neem oil or tea tree oil for a fungal comb infection?

Not dealt with that one yet, but I would highly suggest using neem oil first since it is more gentle than tea tree. If for some reason it doesn't work, dilute tea tree oil in a carrier oil of some sort before applying :)
Best of luck! :)

Can I find this cream at a tractor supply store? I have read a lot of reviews on the tea tree many with mixed results. I just don't want to make favus worse with an oil, if that is in deed what we are facing. And I don't want to chance a bad issue due to tea tree oil. This is why I was wondering if any one has given neem a chance in this area. I do appreciate, bunches, your alls advice with this. I will steer clear of the tea tree and I may shoot for the neem. Thanks again. By the way I am glad this thread has been started I think it is great to try and keep things as natural as possible.

Can I find this cream at a tractor supply store? I have read a lot of reviews on the tea tree many with mixed results. I just don't want to make favus worse with an oil, if that is in deed what we are facing. And I don't want to chance a bad issue due to tea tree oil. This is why I was wondering if any one has given neem a chance in this area. I do appreciate, bunches, your alls advice with this. I will steer clear of the tea tree and I may shoot for the neem. Thanks again. By the way I am glad this thread has been started I think it is great to try and keep things as natural as possible.

Thanks! :)
I will say that my only experience with neem for fungus was with some sort of fungus in my mulch that was spreading after a rainstorm. I sprayed half of it with neem and that half died. So I would think it would work for your comb infection.
I buy my neem oil on Etsy in 16 ounce bottles but you can also find it on Amazon and probably on eBay. I have seen a product at Tractor Supply with a percentage of neem oil but I think it was marketed for plants.

I do actually have a bottle of neem oil I bought off of Amazon by dr. Adorable. I use it as a part of my oil cleansing method. I love what it does to my skin hope it does do anti fungal for the comb. Now I just have to catch the chicky, she is the less human social one :( and gets mad when we handle her. Lol which is funny bc we try to handle her on a daily basis from since she was a chick. And she loved it when she was little, but not now:( I will post on results soon:)

Here is some info on using thyme oil to control red mites. A university in the UK did trials on 50 different essential oils and their ability to kill red mites. The top performer was thyme oil, and then the university tested the effects of thyme on hen health, laying, etc and found it had no ill effects. I agree that neem oil stinks. Thyme seems like it's worth a try! Link works better in safari for me for some reason...

http://www.fwi.co.uk/articles/04/02...ies-for-dealing-with-red-mites-on-the-way.htm

Here is some info on using thyme oil to control red mites. A university in the UK did trials on 50 different essential oils and their ability to kill red mites. The top performer was thyme oil, and then the university tested the effects of thyme on hen health, laying, etc and found it had no ill effects. I agree that neem oil stinks. Thyme seems like it's worth a try! Link works better in safari for me for some reason...

http://www.fwi.co.uk/articles/04/02...ies-for-dealing-with-red-mites-on-the-way.htm

Very fascinating! I am surprised there was no mention of oregano oil. Thyme and oregano are fairly closely related but maybe thyme has more insecticidal properties than oregano. :)
For that matter, I'm quite surprised that neem was not mentioned?!
Maybe I'll add some thyme oil to my external parasite killer recipe. :)

Neem oil works amazingly for lice on chickens, used with total success for years here since we dont ever use regular pest products. , but with our new mite problem im having better luck with sulfur powder dusting it on each bird and sprinkled in and around coop.

I bought two bottles of Neem oil both are congealed..around top of the bottles neck.... are thse supposed to be? Ordered it over the phone, I believe from Lucky Vitamin... the brand is THERANEEM naturals Neem oil for the Garden... It looked like the same bottle I saw on a you tube.. lady applying it to her cats fur top part s that is she rubbed on its fur top of head and back....
Now wonder if I could dd some of my growing Thyme//// ,some near drivway wall and some in mini hoop house some in raised bed in fenced garden.....

One year in my former home I surrounded my big patch of sage, oregano and thme with bags of neigbors raked pine needles.....
just asking some opinions.....

I bought two bottles of Neem oil  both are congealed..around top of the bottles neck.... are thse supposed to be? Ordered it over the phone, I believe from Lucky Vitamin... the brand is THERANEEM naturals Neem oil for the Garden... It looked like the same bottle I saw on a you tube.. lady applying it to her cats fur  top part  s that is she rubbed on its fur top of head and back....
 Now wonder if I could dd some of my growing Thyme//// ,some near drivway wall and some in mini hoop house some in raised bed in fenced garden.....

One year in my former home I surrounded my big patch of sage, oregano and thme with bags of neigbors raked pine needles.....
 just asking some opinions.....

Oh yeah, this is due to cold during shipping or storage and is not an issue at all. Just warm it up by sticking the closed bottle into a bowl of warm water (add more warm water and shake the bottle every few minutes until it is liquidy again). Very normal. :)

There's no such thing as too many herbs!! :)

Back
Top Bottom