New Jersey

I know... i might come home with 20 if someone's not there to hold me down!
lau.gif

even though you went a month ago, do you think they are still selling day old birds?

Last edited:
Oh i really want to go check it out. Wont be able to go until next week though. I'm hoping they have lots of baby ducks and maybe hatching eggs. I really want ducks
fl.gif
does anyone know what breeds they raise for ducks?

He is so nice and my kids wanted to shove his dog in the car when he wasn't looking. He had frizzle chicks and I wish I had taken one. I never heard of them before and the chicks he had were in that in between stage of chick to almost grown. You know how they go thru a gangly stage? Well they were in it. I looked photos of them up on line once I got home because I was curious about them and OMG they are adorable!!!!

Oh i really want to go check it out. Wont be able to go until next week though. I'm hoping they have lots of baby ducks and maybe hatching eggs. I really want ducks
fl.gif
does anyone know what breeds they raise for ducks?
I just remembered that jersey chickens had lots of baby ducks too. All kinds. Just checked his site for you and he's closed till mid sept and will reopen with lots of new hatches.

glad to see so many chicken lovers in jersey
celebrate.gif
my friends and family think I'm crazy, but i know I'm not alone now! I've been looking for anyone who would be willing to show me how to process a chicken from beginning to end or just visit their chickens and haven't been able to locate anyone yet. I'm still fairly new as my girls are only 2 months old but I'm eager to learn anything I can!

And i read a few pages back about some people wanting to get together and talk chicken :] I'd love to do that and im willing to travel! my girls and i live in egg harbor city

Thanks!

Tinaisodd, if your going to process your chickens you should have got cornish. But the rock is a good dual purpose. You only have one of them, but why process that one and lose all the eggs?

The speckled sussex and buff orps are all around the best bird IMO. With the australorp third. And that is for our climate. No heat lamp required.

glad to see so many chicken lovers in jersey :celebrate my friends and family think I'm crazy, but i know I'm not alone now! I've been looking for anyone who would be willing to show me how to process a chicken from beginning to end  or just visit their chickens and haven't been able to locate anyone yet. I'm still fairly new as my girls are only 2 months old but I'm eager to learn anything I can!

And i read a few pages back about some people wanting to get together and talk chicken :] I'd love to do that and im willing to travel!  my girls and i live in egg harbor city

Thanks!

Welcome! Your about an hour south of me. Are you looking to get some chickens just for processing. I don't have any for that purpose, but maybe one day.

Tinaisodd,  if your going to process your chickens you should have got cornish. But the rock is a good dual purpose. You only have one of them, but why process that one and lose all the eggs?

The speckled sussex and buff orps are all around the best bird IMO. With the australorp third. And that is for our climate. No heat lamp required.

Lawrosa did you find anything yet? If your going to wait till spring I may be up for two pullet SS in what chicks you get. I think I say someone on the PA thread who breeds them. I may try hatching over the winter, still giving it thought.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom