New rollout nest design Picture heavy-edited 1/21

Pics
Thanks to Opa-wan Chickenobi [Sam] I will build a 2 unit roll-out nest box for my coop [see my BYC Page]. I used my original nest box to house a "window" fan [completed that project today. I plan to construct a step-down nest box to get the 20" height that the plans call for, although the height can be adjusted. Special thanks to Sam for taking the time to speak with me this morning. He is a font of information and quite willing to share and very easy to talk to. You are the MAN!

Jim

Built and painted my 2-hole nest box today. I am very please with the results. Tomorrow I will cut a hole in my coop and insert it.

6145128309_a91b8db2f7.jpg

Thanks to Sam for the plan and answering questions.

Jim

The pic [from my iPhone] is also on my BYC Page and in my coop set on flickr.

Last edited:
Hung my box today.

6148207201_f0f5b1d677.jpg

Thanks again to Sam [Opa] for his plans and initial guidance. Tomorrow, I plan to paint the exterior [either white or green]. Green is easiest. I won't have to worry about bleed through.

Jim

Jim, I'm glad that I was able to help and your have done a wonderful job. Sharing ideas is one of the great thing about BYC.

Wow! I wish I had seen this 2 months ago when my DH tried to build one. It did not work. Maybe I can talk him into trying again with this to go by.

6166399987_933a27008a.jpg

Added a roof and installed a latch. Added bottoms to the left & right legs of my attachment frame. In retrospect, I wish that were all one piece, with the top being inside the legs. That does not harm function. I'd like it better. The roof will protect the wood and ensure water does not get into the door. A bit of interior work to do and then, its a wrap! Thanks! --jim

Back
Top Bottom