New to Pheasants

Did you know here in ohio you could have done this as a 4h project? Also years ago I'm not sure if they still do, but the d.n.r would give you chicks if you proved what you were doing with them. And they were at the release site. Also contact pheasants forever and explain what your doing, they try to set up habitat for the birds to survive in the wild on their own. -best of luck buckeye!!!!

Birds continue to be doing well. I removed all the cardboard from the corners to give them a little more space. I also added so roost in various places. They are flying pretty well. I have had 2 get out when I had the door open getting the waterers to clean up and fill. I was able to catch them pretty quickly and put them back but we have had to be extra careful when opening the door.

I got the outdoor pen started on Sunday. I have probably a good day left of work to get it finished. I have one side to finish stretching the fencing then will add the flight net to the top. Last will be building the gate and getting it hung. Should be finished up this weekend.

Finished up the flight pen yesterday. It was a nice day out so I opened the Brooder to let them check out what outside was like.
They were very hesitant but eventually some of them went out and explored the pen.
I left them out for an hour or so then put them all away. Looks like the weather is going to be pretty warm for the next week so I will try to get them outside during the day some.
Middle picture is the completed pen.

Back
Top Bottom