NEW United Peafowl Association Magazine Editor!

What would you like to see most in the UPA magazine?

• More Articles

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • More Photos

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • More Color

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A more interesting layout.

• A Meet the member section where each issue a new member is featured.

• Better ad quality.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More pages.

• More information for new peafowl owners.

• More information for experianced peafowl owners.

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
I think I do recall the name Frank. Loretta and Danny were talking in one of our phone conferences last year that Frank was not in contact with them anymore. He was not answering for the phone conferences and so since we had not heard anything from him for multiple meetings he was voted off. I do not know if Loretta and Danny were able to get a hold of Frank at all to find out what was going on.
idunno.gif
I hope he is okay.

Everyone needs to be planning on going to the convention this year! No excuses.
You tell them AugeredIn!
tongue.png

No but seriously just today I was thinking about how informative your talk was on peafowl genetics. I'm not just saying that to be nice, I seriously found it the most interesting and helpful of all the things said at the convention.

AugeredIn was not only showing us a great PowerPoint presentation, but he was doing punnet squares on a white board showing how to figure different varieties bred to one another on a punnet square.

I would love to but I'm 17 years old for the next 18 days and then I'll be 18. Where is it at and when?
What does age have to do with going? You can bring one of your parents. Both of my parents came and we all stayed in the same condo unit but I did all the UPA stuff while my parents did their own thing.

I guess I can announce a bit about the convention. The convention announcement is going to be in the magazine - it should be on pg. 28 and once the magazine is out I can post the magazine page on BYC for everyone.

Right now we are looking at having the convention September 8-10 and it will be in Florida again and also at the SeaSpray condo again. While it is back in Florida, we do have different things planned so it won't be just like last year. The UPA plans to visit more than one peafowl breeder - one of which is AugeredIn.
smile.png
Rocking B-A-B is also on the list and so am I. They were also trying to get Elton Housely to let us visit him, but I don't know if that will happen. It all depends on cost, but we are hoping to have a bus to take everyone from place to place instead of carpooling because that proved a little more problematic last year and in the past the UPA has rented a bus to take everyone. Buses are fun because everyone can talk together on the rides to and from places and you don't have to drive!

My birds told me to tell you to bring them treats if you are coming.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
You tell them AugeredIn!
tongue.png

No but seriously just today I was thinking about how informative your talk was on peafowl genetics. I'm not just saying that to be nice, I seriously found it the most interesting and helpful of all the things said at the convention.

AugeredIn was not only showing us a great PowerPoint presentation, but he was doing punnet squares on a white board showing how to figure different varieties bred to one another on a punnet square.

What does age have to do with going? You can bring one of your parents. Both of my parents came and we all stayed in the same condo unit but I did all the UPA stuff while my parents did their own thing.

I guess I can announce a bit about the convention. The convention announcement is going to be in the magazine - it should be on pg. 28 and once the magazine is out I can post the magazine page on BYC for everyone.

Right now we are looking at having the convention September 8-10 and it will be in Florida again and also at the SeaSpray condo again. While it is back in Florida, we do have different things planned so it won't be just like last year. The UPA plans to visit more than one peafowl breeder - one of which is AugeredIn.
smile.png
Rocking B-A-B is also on the list and so am I. They were also trying to get Elton Housely to let us visit him, but I don't know if that will happen. It all depends on cost, but we are hoping to have a bus to take everyone from place to place instead of carpooling because that proved a little more problematic last year and in the past the UPA has rented a bus to take everyone. Buses are fun because everyone can talk together on the rides to and from places and you don't have to drive!

My birds told me to tell you to bring them treats if you are coming.
big_smile.png
My parents aren't huge on traveling other than to visit family. That's the main reason. I might be able to; I would love to. If I can make it should I bring mealworms for your peafowl?

Last edited:
My parents aren't huge on traveling other than to visit family. That's the main reason. I might be able to; I would love to. If I can make it should I bring mealworms for your peafowl?
If you need help promoting a trip to Florida to your parents, I can help you out haha. Pure white sandy beaches, emerald waters, tons of shopping, lots of seafood, etc. It is still pretty early, but in the other magazines I plan on going more in depth about things to see and do in Florida. Dolphin cruises, etc etc etc.

Airline tickets are cheaper than mealworms!
Haha Argus true that!
lau.gif

I would rather Birdrain spoil his own birds with mealworms and get mine something cheaper. But if your plan is to make my birds REALLY love you and flip out, yes bring mealworms haha. In fact I will deprive them of mealworms for a while when it gets close to the convention to make them really excited.

My birds like peanuts too. If you want to get your whole hand bitten you can bring tomatoes and feed them to Alto. You will think he is trying to eat your whole hand.

Back
Top Bottom