New York mini chickenstock 2016

Ok my peeps. Been working mad crazy hours cause we lost a tech. Add 3 coops and a brooder of 30 chicks to that and sleep has become a luxury. Anyways, i am putting in for that day off. I can bring hatching eggs from my red pen (there is two black sexlinks in there too) and contmplating letting two blue silkie hens go as well. One year old and laying. I would say pet quality but its hard to tell with the molting they are going through. I may also have some new hampshire chicks that i got from a breeder. They are two and a half weeks old. Pm me if anything interests you. I will try to pin down my boss on getting that day off.

Pharm! It's so good to hear from you! I'm sorry things have been crazy busy for you, but very happy to read you are alright. Hope things mellow out & you get some rest!

Ok my peeps. Been working mad crazy hours cause we lost a tech. Add 3 coops and a brooder of 30 chicks to that and sleep has become a luxury. Anyways, i am putting in for that day off. I can bring hatching eggs from my red pen (there is two black sexlinks in there too) and contmplating letting two blue silkie hens go as well. One year old and laying. I would say pet quality but its hard to tell with the molting they are going through. I may also have some new hampshire chicks that i got from a breeder. They are two and a half weeks old. Pm me if anything interests you. I will try to pin down my boss on getting that day off.

Good to hear from you, we missed you! Glad you are well. Sorry to hear your so busy.

Welcome stranger!
smile.png
Glad to hear you will be at Chickenstock - look forward to seeing some familiar faces...

Does anyone that is coming have pure Orpington eggs? I'm looking for blue. lavender, splash, or buff. I'm also looking for some really blue and/or green eggs. 

I do have green eggs from my Catskill Homesteaders. Some covered by a Michael Jessie who carries both white & green egg gene. Other green egg layers covered by brown egg layer roosters and "Muffy" may carry both, but I'm not sure as none of his offspring are old enough to tell.
Also, some of my hens are laying a khaki green color, not quite olive, though I do have one pullet laying what my mom calls "toupe".

You know that black bantam hen I got from you last year? She's a been a great momma 2x this year! And she laid eggs in between which I hatched, with the papa being 1/2 Swedish Flower Hen, 1/2 bantam Cochin. They are adorable chicks & should be great mothers, as the rooster's mother was a great broody too!

These are from my bluest layers, they do show better color in real life than on my camera phone. Two are Easter Egger, one is Cream Legbar. The EEs I have with the CL rooster, and the CL i have with the EE rooster, all with the intent to make bluer eggs. These are the eggs I have in the incubator now for chicks to bring to chickenstalk, and might as well bring some eggs too lol. The one EE has only been in the Legbar pen 2 weeks now so her chicks might be straight EE, or CL/EE, plus she periodically escapes back to the main flock when I open the pen to feed/clean. Chicks from the other two hens will be all CL/EE though.

I do have green eggs from my Catskill Homesteaders. Some covered by a Michael Jessie who carries both white & green egg gene. Other green egg layers covered by brown egg layer roosters and "Muffy" may carry both, but I'm not sure as none of his offspring are old enough to tell.
Also, some of my hens are laying a khaki green color, not quite olive, though I do have one pullet laying what my mom calls "toupe".

You know that black bantam hen I got from you last year? She's a been a great momma 2x this year! And she laid eggs in between which I hatched, with the papa being 1/2 Swedish Flower Hen, 1/2 bantam Cochin. They are adorable chicks & should be great mothers, as the rooster's mother was a great broody too!
I'm so glad that she is doing so well! Her momma is one of my best mommas. She doesn't lay well, but she is one of my "RockStar" Mommas. He hatches anything I giver her. So glad that she passed the good momma gene on to her daughter.

I have easter egger eggs which are green. I also have a local source for lavender orpingtons if you'd like me to bring some for you. mine I charge $10 per dozen. I think that the lavender orpingtons are $20 per dozen.

Is anybody in here breeding LF cochins? Preferably in BBS or BBS mottled. If so, I'd love some eggs!

Back
Top Bottom