NinjaRooster's extremely talkative chat thread.

What do movie have to do wif Rp? Logically speaking, of course.

I succinctly said I believe that RPing, practically living a fantastical alternate life on a forum - is not for me. I am in no way attacking your wish or anyone else's (simply answering), but for me I view it as unhealthy.

I see your point with acting, but that is not necessarily escaping into your bedroom for hours at a time to pretend to be a character on the internet, it is interacting with people, practicing lines, enunciation, and essentially doing a paying job which can stem from a lifelong appreciation of drama.
Writing is similar to RPing as far as writing down thoughts, aspirations, and feelings of another character; but if you're seriously taking time to do that for your own interest and gain on the internet...writing a story for others to enjoy is much more profitable.

Personally, I spend hours writing. It is an emotional release for my personality. Rping, which involves other people, is not the same as writing on your own a story for people to enjoy. If you're going to argue that RPing is a story - it's only a story for the people involved. Not like someone is going to browse the forums for Rp's to read for fun. I've looked at RP's and there is not even proper grammar employed - or spelling for that matter. Definitely not something I would read for fun.

That should answer all your question or pondering on my fascinating dislike to RPing. Have a nice day!
smile.png

My roleplay includes the rule that you will be expelledif you do not use grammar... And there are plenty of plots there, too.

That's my kind of RP. xDD

I agree with you and disagree. No RP isn't like writing a book, but it does help with writing skills and story telling, and like silkies said putting plots into action. and as becoming that character, I don't pretend to be my characters, I just put my self in their shoes and write what I think they would do.

I took a debate class once.. hated it. this is a weird flashback

Dudes, don't give her a hard time. If she doesn't like RPing, we should respect that.
smile.png

On a different note: Anyone interested in seeing my new site?
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom