no clue how pregnant my girl is need advice!!!

Teresaann24

Songster
11 Years
Jul 29, 2008
Eastern, Kentucky
I rescued my girl on Feb 22 her name is (Shera) I kept her locked up for 4 days to make sure she wouldn't run away. I have 5 other cats 1 spayed female 1 fixed male and 3 unaltered males. Once I let her out I noticed the unaltered males running after her and staying by her side where ever she went for like 2 weeks I noticed on april 14th how big she had gotten that is when I knew she was pregnant. Its now may 5th and she is HUGE and no sign of labor I will post pics I am thankful for any advice.

here she is in the pics i took on april 14th where i noticed she was pregnant
she had a small pooch looked like an over fed cat at that time.

these were taken on the 3 days ago

these were taken yesterday

I have worked with a rescue and birthed my share of kittens. Pregnancy should be 63 days long give or take a day or two. Most cats are great mothers and don't need anything except a quiet dark place. If you are planning on using a crate, drape towels or blanket over the top so she has a den. She'll be less stressed. Be sure she has something to nest in-maybe an old towel or two. Otherwise she just needs quiet and dark. I'm sure it will be fine.

WOW! She is BIG! I'd say soon. Maybe even within this next week or two. About when was she with your males? And please post kitten pictures when they're born!
smile.png

Not sure when she was with the males since I never say any breeding take place I got her on feb 22 and kept her locked up for 4 days so i finally let her out on the 26th about 2 weeks after that my males were everywhere she was so she could have gotten pregnant anytime within those 2 weeks after i let her out on feb the 26th

iv been keeping her locked up so she wont go somewhere and have them where I cant find them and we have coyotes bad here. I hate keeping her locked up :(

Back
Top Bottom