North Carolina

OK.. Now we need to figure out when we can meet....
idunno.gif

Get Ready for SPRING!!

BABY CHICKS For Sale!
Brown Egg Layers - $3 each straight run
Blue/Green/Olive Egg Layers - $3 each straight run
Barred Rock PULLETS - $5 each
Easter Egger PULLETS - $5 each

I have a question and seeing if anyone else has experienced this before. One of our hens does this really weird stomping thing when we approach her from a certain angle. It's the funniest thing, she stomps and gets low to the ground and lifts her wings up but doesn't extend them out. What sort of behavior is this?

Oh, I KNOW......they are so sweet, and make the sweetest sounds. I love to see how excited they get when we give them grass or treats.

Beth, you don't happen to have (or know of) a SLW rooster that needs a new address, do you?

I have 3 SLW I got from Ideal hatchery. I ordered pullets. I am not sure if they are .. 2 are looking kinda pink to me at 10 weeks old. But they are hatchery so I have no clue how they will be.

I have a question and seeing if anyone else has experienced this before. One of our hens does this really weird stomping thing when we approach her from a certain angle. It's the funniest thing, she stomps and gets low to the ground and lifts her wings up but doesn't extend them out. What sort of behavior is this?

Sounds like rooster behavior to me.
hu.gif

I

Sounds like rooster behavior to me.  :confused:

I thought so too but she's laying eggs. And she doesn't crow like a rooster.

Back
Top Bottom