North Carolina

Perhaps I'm confused. Can one only follow one state thread? If so, I've been violating all sorts of rules. As I see it, BYC is one "board"; there are simply different "forums"(categories) with various "threads" (conversations) within the board. It's a bit like being at a big party. It's not possible to talk to everyone at once. It is possible to have a conversation with all sorts of folks throughout the course of the party. I've been following all sorts of threads about all sorts of things. I'm definitely not talking about starting another board! I already work 60+ hours a week at my paying job and have absolutely no additional time to moderate an entire board. Mea culpa; mea maxima culpa for any hurt feelings.

[COLOR=008000]No, no, no...........what I was trying to say is I would hate to see folks leave this board......we are all[/COLOR]
[COLOR=008000]family. You are not crazy.......many of us not only read/follow many boards here but we also read[/COLOR]
[COLOR=008000]several groups on Facebook. So sorry if I implied anything more than not wanting anyone to leave[/COLOR]
[COLOR=008000]us here. Anyone is more than welcome to start a new board.....I just hope they still come here as[/COLOR]
[COLOR=008000]well......and share the new board with us.  [/COLOR] ;)

Don't worry about my leaving here. I've got quite a few hobbies - knitting, spinning wool, leading youth at church, football, football (it gets two slots :) ), bread baking, cooking ... oh, and chickens. I'm always learning something - often en route to trying to learn something else. I'll definitely be sticking around, even if I add dozens of other subscribed threads. Like I said, North Carolina is home.

Don't worry about my leaving here. I've got quite a few hobbies - knitting, spinning wool, leading youth at church, football, football (it gets two slots
smile.png
), bread baking, cooking ... oh, and chickens. I'm always learning something - often en route to trying to learn something else. I'll definitely be sticking around, even if I add dozens of other subscribed threads. Like I said, North Carolina is home.
Nice to meet another spinner! (Did I already know that?)

Are you on Ravelry? I'm HollowOakFarm on there, too. Look me up. Knit, crochet, spin, weave, quilt, tat...some felting, but not as much any more. No longer raise sheep, but have enough wool to last me a lifetime. Love angora and silk for spinning best, though.

Nice to meet another spinner!  (Did I already know that?)

Are you on Ravelry?  I'm HollowOakFarm on there, too.  Look me up.  Knit, crochet, spin, weave, quilt, tat...some felting, but not as much any more.  No longer raise sheep, but have enough wool to last me a lifetime.  Love angora and silk for spinning best, though.

One of these days I would love to learn spinning. I occasionally weave. I have a big loom in the middle of my living room. :)

Hi. I'm in Boomer NC. I have a small farm here in beautiful Wilkes county. I have rumpless aracaunas and americaunas. Plus a menagerie of other pets. So glad I found this board! So howdy neighbors
1f603.png
!

[CONTENTEMBED=/t/91762/north-carolina/37720#post_14556844 layout=inline]

[/CONTENTEMBED]

Don't worry about my leaving here. I've got quite a few hobbies - knitting, spinning wool, leading youth at church, football, football (it gets two slots :) ), bread baking, cooking ... oh, and chickens. I'm always learning something - often en route to trying to learn something else. I'll definitely be sticking around, even if I add dozens of other subscribed threads. Like I said, North Carolina is home.

Are you on Ravelry?  I'm HollowOakFarm on there, too.  Look me up.  Knit, crochet, spin, weave, quilt, tat...some felting, but not as much any more.  No longer raise sheep, but have enough wool to last me a lifetime.  Love angora and silk for spinning best, though.

Yes, I'm on Ravelry (urqknits) though I don't visit often. If I live long enough to knit and spin all the wool I have, I'll live to be 1004! I mostly spin wool (no cotton, silk, or blends) and usually in natural colors. I love good Shetland wool because it comes in so many colors.

Do you come to Asheville for SAFF?

Last edited:

One of these days I would love to learn spinning. I occasionally weave. I have a big loom in the middle of my living room. :)

Spinning is loads of fun and easy enough to learn with a good teacher and decent wheel. I learned on a Lendrum wheel that is still my favorite. Take HollowOakFarm up on the teaching offer. There's nothing like one on one learning.

Hi. I'm in Boomer NC. I have a small farm here in beautiful Wilkes county. I have rumpless aracaunas and americaunas. Plus a menagerie of other pets. So glad I found this board! So howdy neighbors
1f603.png
!

Welcome! I'm in your neck of the woods on a regular basis working with Appalachian State's booster club. Oh, how I love coming to the Hich Country! It's not too horribly different from our southern highlands, but I do love the slightly cooler temps!

Back
Top Bottom