North Carolina

I have 2 Sebestapol eggs in lockdown and I have a PIP !!!!
wee.gif

Quote:
Gavin - I am just so glad to hear you made it home safely. I was worried!! We managed to get the doors and windows and hardware cloth installed then without warning the skies opened up and we were drenched...made a mad dash to pick up the new arrivals (since they were still outside) and transfer them inside. One of the LO did NOT like me picking her up, but she was also the last one to be moved, so I think she was just a bit scared. Poor thing. The BO roo (Jeremy Fisher) "fussed" at being picked up, but he was so gentle and sweet. Once I had him up, he was fine, didn't struggle to get away or anything. I must admit, so far he's my favorite!!
smile.png
DH found a grasshopper and fed it to him. I knocked the carpenter bee into the penned up area in the garage - he got it, but it was fun to watch everyone steal it from him and run away...then he would take it back from them for another one to do it. DD & I went out after most of the storms hit to check on them, because the winds were so strong, they kept opening up the doors. I told DH I was worried a door would get open and they would either get blown out, or worse...a predator would seek shelter & food in the barn!! I think I am more paranoid about predators than I am about anything else.
lau.gif
It's like being a first time mom all over again!! Thank you SO much for making the LONG drive and for you diligent care!! We absolutely LOVE them. They already have names (some names may be tweaked in the future...once we are better acquainted with personalities) and aside from Jeremy Fisher (BO roo), the rest are still a little scared of me...but with enough treats...I hope to change that!!
gig.gif
. Thank you again!!

Hope everyone is safe, glad to hear from some of you!! Praying for all those affected by the storms!!

BHEP - CONGRATULATIONS on your pips & gosling!! Photos??
pop.gif

welcome-byc.gif
to the new people!! Mayberry & City welcome. Glad you all joined us!!

Hi all!!

We just got our little girls yesterday (we hope they are all hens). I will post pictures soon. I am from Northwest North Carolina. This is my sons FFA project, but it has become a family affair!!! He purchased 13 (8-10 weeks old) pullets. I'm so glad there are so many fellow NCer's in the group to get help from!!

Quote:
Gavin - I am just so glad to hear you made it home safely. I was worried!! We managed to get the doors and windows and hardware cloth installed then without warning the skies opened up and we were drenched...made a mad dash to pick up the new arrivals (since they were still outside) and transfer them inside. One of the LO did NOT like me picking her up, but she was also the last one to be moved, so I think she was just a bit scared. Poor thing. The BO roo (Jeremy Fisher) "fussed" at being picked up, but he was so gentle and sweet. Once I had him up, he was fine, didn't struggle to get away or anything. I must admit, so far he's my favorite!!
smile.png
DH found a grasshopper and fed it to him. I knocked the carpenter bee into the penned up area in the garage - he got it, but it was fun to watch everyone steal it from him and run away...then he would take it back from them for another one to do it. DD & I went out after most of the storms hit to check on them, because the winds were so strong, they kept opening up the doors. I told DH I was worried a door would get open and they would either get blown out, or worse...a predator would seek shelter & food in the barn!! I think I am more paranoid about predators than I am about anything else.
lau.gif
It's like being a first time mom all over again!! Thank you SO much for making the LONG drive and for you diligent care!! We absolutely LOVE them. They already have names (some names may be tweaked in the future...once we are better acquainted with personalities) and aside from Jeremy Fisher (BO roo), the rest are still a little scared of me...but with enough treats...I hope to change that!!
gig.gif
. Thank you again!!

Hope everyone is safe, glad to hear from some of you!! Praying for all those affected by the storms!!

BHEP - CONGRATULATIONS on your pips & gosling!! Photos??
pop.gif

welcome-byc.gif
to the new people!! Mayberry & City welcome. Glad you all joined us!!

Ruthann,

you are most welcome........... I came home on the normal roads, same time/distance. I see the town of Sanford south of you got hit by a tornado. Guess where I stopped to fill up with gas! You guessed it - Sanford!! I was leaving the town as the winds etc were just picking up!!!!

Quote:
CONGRATS!! I love those

good morning everyone - enjoy the day it's should be much better than yesterday (weather wise)

I need to post some pics - I have 3x showgirls that hatched friday, 2x mottled d'uccles that hatched yesterday and I need to check my serama hen she should have a baby this morning... in 11 days I should have some MC and my magpie call duck eggs will ship not this monday but the next SOOOO excited!!!! wish me luck on the magpie call ducks!!!!

who else has babies or teenagers running around (meaning chickens)

Last edited:
Meeeeee ! Lots of babies. I was planning to go sell at the flock swap in Sanford with them this Sat. , but I am sure it will be rescheduled. Not much left of Sanford
sad.png

I may be MIA for a few days. Right now, we are at McDonald's using their wifi. We have no power at our house and they don't know when it will be restored. We've been without power since 4:30 Friday afternoon. I'm really worried about my peeps, they are 4 days old today and have no heat lamp. It's been staying in the mid 70s. We have a fleece blanket in the brooder with them and they have all buried themselves under the covers. There is a larger heavier blanket over the brooder to try to hold heat in. The damage about a mile east of us is horrific. A doublewide trailer is completely gone, all that is left of it is its brick porch. There was a used car/scrap metal lot that is completely a mess. A new winery also lost a lot of its roof. We are thankful that we suffered no physical damage, but we worry about our baby pips since Progress Energy is giving us no real answers when the power will be back. We'll be picking up some hot hand heaters from the store if we can find them to put in the brooder box to try to warm up the peeps. I may also call the hatchery and see if we can take them back if they didn't suffer any damage.

We live off HWY 96 just north of I-40 near Meadow.

Beth that is so precious, Congrats!! and so thankful none of our group was injured or had any damage. Sorry your without power citm, I hope your little ones will be okay. I've seen on the news it was 93 tornados now, wow that is scary. iamamy
welcome-byc.gif
I am in Yancey co. there is alot of us from western part of the state
big_smile.png
congrats on the new peeps. you know it's just the begining
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom