North Carolina

Good morning everyone!!

Matt, I am so sorry to hear about JJ
hugs.gif

What pretty chicks Mary
love.gif

Kmac, I have 10 strait run chicks in the brooder right now and it's driving me crazy to!! I want to know who's hens, and who's roosters
barnie.gif

I was given this chick, I was told he/she is a Lavender Orpington. But it doesn't look right to me to light maybe
hmm.png
What does everyone else think???

Good morning everyone!!

Matt, I am so sorry to hear about JJ
hugs.gif

What pretty chicks Mary
love.gif

Kmac, I have 10 strait run chicks in the brooder right now and it's driving me crazy to!! I want to know who's hens, and who's roosters
barnie.gif

I was given this chick, I was told he/she is a Lavender Orpington. But it doesn't look right to me to light maybe
hmm.png
What does everyone else think???

What color where the parents, did you see them or pics?? Maybe a regular splash orp or depending on parents a mottle lav??

What color where the parents, did you see them or pics?? Maybe a regular splash orp or depending on parents a mottle lav??
We went to buy some chicks from a guy and he had this little chick. He got a bunch of these chicks from a breeder and was reselling them. He said the breeder they came from has been working with Orpingtons for years, and that they are pure Lavender. He had two chicks that were a little older that he was keeping. They came from the same breeder, but actually looked like Lavender orpingtons. So no I did not see the parents
sad.png
So he/she isn't a Lavender orpington?? It's feathers appear to be coming in white.

Last edited:
We went to buy some chicks from a guy and he had this little chick. He got a bunch of these chicks from a breeder and was reselling them. He said the breeder they came from has been working with Orpingtons for years, and that they are pure Lavender. He had two chicks that were a little older that he was keeping. They came from the same breeder, but actually looked like Lavender orpingtons. So no I did not see the parents
sad.png
So he/she isn't a Lavender orpington?? It's feathers appear to be coming in white.

Well I can tell you it's not a regular lavender orpington, lavs have dark legs. It could be a mottled lav as they have white legs, as it grows it will be lav with tiny white mottling that almost disappears and will look lav other than the white legs. Or it could be just an average splash orpington, then again I still think the legs should be darker?? Hard telling what you've got till it grows out a bit more, sorry.
hmm.png

Selling out my project of brown bantam cochins. Have several chicks of various ages in brooders. PM me if interested.

**Edited to add: I am also selling out my project choc American bantam orps, have the parent stock (trio) available.

I'd be interested in pullets HT love cochins , would you be willing to sell just puillets and be willing to hold till CS?

Lost my lovely Splash Orpington pullet to SICDS today....sniff sniff. I know its a long shot but the rest of my BBS orps won't be POL until later this summer. Does anyone have a BBS orp hen/pullet they are willing to part with?

Back
Top Bottom