Northeast Poultry Congress 2013

Finally have time to post....it was an exhausting weekend, added to it that we moved rooms in the motel 4 times! Don't ever stay at the Days Inn on Riverside Ave....and their "continental" breakfast was riidiculous.....

Ok, It was great meeting so many byc'ers at the show. I was mobbed in the sales area and hardly got out to the show floor at all on Saturday. By Sunday I could hardly talk.

I picked up a pair of Porcelain Silkies that I pre bought & she came to the show, so that was good, they didn't need shipping. I so like the porcelains....hopefully by spring, I'll have hatching eggs.

I eyed those Sebastapol geese....they are like ballinerinas. So pretty, but not sure now if they are a possibility for me this year.

Talked a bit with Roberta (stoopid). She had some cute chicken jewelry for sale.

I only came home with a few Coronation chicks, & 3 Marans cockerels, so it was a good weekend for me.

I disappointed a few people who came later on Saturday and what they had asked me for were gone. I'm pretty sure I posted last week that I could only hold birds until noon or so. Next year I will be more emphatic about that and hopefully everyone will be happy.

All in all, I had a good time, and look forward to next year.
I was SO hoping for a porcelain but they must be a hot commodity. And it didn't help that I didn't make it to the show until 10:30..
sad.png
I probably missed out on a ton of good birds.

I found out that I get brain farts while in big crowds
lol.png
When picking out a chick for my friend, I completely forgot how to tell silkie chicks apart from other chicks
barnie.gif
dumb dumb dumb...
Is it not a silkie chick you found?

Last edited:
I had such a great time at the show!! I got a lovely Cochin rooster named Bruno who I will post a picture of :D but first here is some pictures I took:

Mille fleur Cochin bantam cockerel

A really cool frizzle bantam polish hen (she reminded me of a marigold)

A polish roo

Self blue bantam cockerel; can you say ATTITUDE??

Salmon favorelle cockerel

Salmon favorelle pullet

Crazy long legged modern game!!

White call duck!

White mottled bantam Cochin pullet

BEAUTIFUL porcelain d'uccle

A BIG goose

I'm not sure what this one is but he was cute :D

My favorite picture of the day! A mottled serama cockerel in mid crow :)

And last but not least... My new rooster Bruno! He's a partridge Cochin roo and BOY is he big!

I was SO hoping for a porcelain but they must be a hot commodity. And it didn't help that I didn't make it to the show until 10:30..
sad.png
I probably missed out on a ton of good birds.

Is it not a silkie chick you found?
No she is, I just felt dumb because I asked "is this a silkie?" when it obviously was, I sounded like a dummy
lau.gif

Last edited:
I had such a great time at the show!! I got a lovely Cochin rooster named Bruno who I will post a picture of
big_smile.png
but first here is some pictures I took:

Mille fleur Cochin bantam cockerel

A really cool frizzle bantam polish hen (she reminded me of a marigold)

A polish roo

Self blue bantam cockerel; can you say ATTITUDE??

Salmon favorelle cockerel

Salmon favorelle pullet

Crazy long legged modern game!!

White call duck!

White mottled bantam Cochin pullet

BEAUTIFUL porcelain d'uccle

A BIG goose

I'm not sure what this one is but he was cute
big_smile.png

My favorite picture of the day! A mottled serama cockerel in mid crow
smile.png

And last but not least... My new rooster Bruno! He's a partridge Cochin roo and BOY is he big!
Great pics
thumbsup.gif
All I had was a camera phone so mine were blurry.

Finally home and unpacked!  SO great seeing all of my friends at this show - and the weather was surprisingly wonderful!  I could have left my long johns at home!  What a great collection of birds - some truly spectacular animals.  Can I hear a shout out for the large gathering of Faverolles?  Woot!

Thank you!  Hope you can come next year - should be twice as awesome with the Nationals!

I have one of those little clay hens, too - so cute!  I promised myself - and told the artist - that I was planning on buying a piece a year from her, so she'd better be there from now on!  Got a great utensil holder this year.  She has beautiful stuff.  (BTW - I love Mastiff's, too, but have not been fortunate enough to have one as yet  They're on my list, though - the bigger the better.)

Saw those Seramas!  Had to fight the urge to tuck one in my shirt as I left!  Beautiful!  Congratulations!

Well, luckily you live near one of the Fav hot spots in the country, but you should contact someone BEFORE next year to arrange for some birds, because there are precious few to be had, even amongst those of us who are already in the club. I agree, they do have all the bling - especially the males.  Thank you!

There would have been very few chicks at this show in any event, because of the time of the year.  Most of the chicks will be at shows starting in March.  Our show in NJ in May has tons of them.  Check PoultryShowCentral.com to find a show near you at that time.

Thanks everyone for the pictures and the video! Folks, don't forget to quarantine your new birds for several weeks. Better to be safe and go through the inconvenience, than to be sorry and have a disease infect your flock.
I found out that I get brain farts while in big crowds
lol.png
When picking out a chick for my friend, I completely forgot how to tell silkie chicks apart from other chicks
barnie.gif
dumb dumb dumb...
So funny! I'm sure nobody even noticed.

How is the frizzle rooster doing?? I hope you guys are enjoying him!
He is doing great. He is outside in quarentine with the two cochins that I bought the same day. I love looking at him and his great face. He is getting along with the other roo, and I don't think there will be a problem when they are all able to go out into the community at large. Thank you so much for him.

Back
Top Bottom