Northeast Poultry Congress 2013

ya.gif
yeah! I have carving eggs coming to maine
bow.gif
thanks Roberta and DW

Last edited:
just got back to my house in upstate NY its over a 5 hour drive and my new silkies did great on the ride. I have decided to keep them inside for a bit because, its supposed to really drop in temperature and they are not that old and i have no clue if they were inside or outside before. But i am happy having them inside so i can get them used to me.

th.gif
I come to the show, and of the 4 different places I was in that said they had internet, I got nothing.
Get home. 67 unread posts.
Ugh. Very hard to help out when I have no way to communicate.
I hope everyone had a good time, and got lots of chickens.
Or ribbons.
My biggest win, completely unexpected, was best overall in the Marans club egg show.
WOO HOO!!!

th.gif
I come to the show, and of the 4 different places I was in that said they had internet, I got nothing.
Get home. 67 unread posts.
Ugh. Very hard to help out when I have no way to communicate.
I hope everyone had a good time, and got lots of chickens.
Or ribbons.
My biggest win, completely unexpected, was best overall in the Marans club egg show.
WOO HOO!!!
I think the show was great. I wish I had more time to explore. I pretty much ran away from work for a couple of hours just to go to this show!
lol.png
And by the time I got back to the farm, it was a mess.... I wish people used more independent thinking and didn't just sit around waiting for someone to tell them what to do. Ugh...

I will bring my chickens to show next year!!

Finally home and unpacked! SO great seeing all of my friends at this show - and the weather was surprisingly wonderful! I could have left my long johns at home! What a great collection of birds - some truly spectacular animals. Can I hear a shout out for the large gathering of Faverolles? Woot!

Quote:
Congratulations on your success!
Thank you! Hope you can come next year - should be twice as awesome with the Nationals!

We had a great time at our first chicken show. The only chicken i bought was a tiny clay one, that had a little hole under her which hid a tiny egg....she was the cutest thing I have ever seen! in terms of pottery!!
Couldnt find any peeps or eggs of the types I was searching for, was mildy bummed about that, as I was all set up in my car with coolers and warmies for either eggs or peeps!
But man were there some beautiful birds. And it was my hubby's first time seeing any other breed aside from the birds we have. He liked alot of them! The Toulousse Geese really sooo impressed me, my GOD what amazing animals...just so impressive and ...I called them the mastiffs of the bitd world...lmao! I am a mastiff person .

The number of birds was great, eatching the juniors handle so much fun too. It was a long day of driving for us, but worth the trip!
I have one of those little clay hens, too - so cute! I promised myself - and told the artist - that I was planning on buying a piece a year from her, so she'd better be there from now on! Got a great utensil holder this year. She has beautiful stuff. (BTW - I love Mastiff's, too, but have not been fortunate enough to have one as yet They're on my list, though - the bigger the better.)

Got BB and RB for my seramas, sold every bird I brought but one roo, and bought an absolutely gorgeous black OEGB trio from the same gentlemen who won the old english bantam class! Overall, a very good day! We'll be back tomorrow morning for the awards and to collect our birds!
Saw those Seramas! Had to fight the urge to tuck one in my shirt as I left! Beautiful! Congratulations!

Quote:
Congrats. I am SERIOUSLY in love with Favs now, and will have to wait for my working girl population decreases a little before I get some. They have all the bling...beards, muffs. puffs, color, pretty faces. I WANT SOME!!!!!
Well, luckily you live near one of the Fav hot spots in the country, but you should contact someone BEFORE next year to arrange for some birds, because there are precious few to be had, even amongst those of us who are already in the club. I agree, they do have all the bling - especially the males. Thank you!

Good show alot of beautiful birds but was alittle disappointed with not that many chicks and the ones that were there were over priced,oh well maybe more next year.
There would have been very few chicks at this show in any event, because of the time of the year. Most of the chicks will be at shows starting in March. Our show in NJ in May has tons of them. Check PoultryShowCentral.com to find a show near you at that time.

Some pics from the show, and my friend's silkie chick snag
wink.png

Champion jr featherleg

Best of breed for the silkies

Best of variety for black

I think he was supposed to be best of variety for partridge, reserve was the hen next to him.

Gorgeous hen who looks just like my pullet. Got the same note " color" on her card as well, but also "nice type"

Best of variety for blue, very handsome cockerel!

Reserve variety, reserve breed WC black cock for polish

My polish cockerel
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom