November 2022 Hatch-a-long

I'm having trouble with patience this hatch. The first two hatched yesterday afternoon and evening. I have two more pipped that are being soooo slow. I'm concerned about shrink-wrap, but I have not opened the incubator. I'm making myself wait until this evening before I take any action. My percentages are pretty low for this group :(

Now that my eggs are in the incubator, I seem more centered, and calm. I still have eggs I ordered from meyer's coming next year, but that is so far off at the moment.

Eggs have been in 2 days the temp has been holding, in incubator, but I am going to put the incubator in an open cabinet, just to keep the heat better. (I have them currently in a bedroom that is not quite as warm as the rest of the house, but they are out of the way. temps around incubator should be about 70, I will not be able to keep that temp in that room. )

Last edited:
Final results... four chicks. I would have liked a better hatch rate, but after dropping the lid on eggs the first day, having three days of cold room temp alarm overnight and then dropping a flashlight taking out another egg on final candling... four feels like a win.

3 Svart Hona (from 12 shipped eggs)
1 Black Copper Marans (from 2 home eggs)

Attachments

• IMG_0891.jpeg
    IMG_0891.jpeg
    355.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0894.jpeg
    IMG_0894.jpeg
    406.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0910.jpeg
    IMG_0910.jpeg
    502.8 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom