NY chicken lover!!!!

He will be fine..he is a inside cat .... he gives the chickens a wide berth anyway ..
She is sweet . I have kept her in the cellar so she gets used to me ..
She doesnt like moist food of any kind - fermented or plain ...only likes dry ..maybe she will adjust
She is in a cage now ...Ive been picking her up a couple of times a day ..
She and Missy had a short duel ...till I yelled at them stop it ( they are the same size )
I carried her outside and brought her in the closed coop with me while i worked in there until I could see how flighty she would be .
Then we went outside and I put her down ...she stayed near me ..she got seen by most of my flock
Cutie came over and did a small introduction ...
She can fly pretty good ...She got on the top of the coop ..
I thought ...Oh No ...how am I going to get her down ? she came down by herself ..and got on the Roosts inside ..
A hen introduced herself... so Shes back down cellar ...
We will see how the introduction goes tomorrow
Here she is on my food table

Glad to see her settling in nicely with you. Yes - she is very curious about things and the Spitzs' can fly pretty well. I had one of her sisters drop out of the pine tree onto my tractor!

Grammachick Yes - we have 2 cats who patrol the barn, in fact she used to stalk one of the cats. The cat would run and she would follow...told you she was special!
smile.png
Nice name - feel sorry for your cat now...
The ASPCA had free adult cats this past weekend but with DW in the hospital I didn't get out there. Too, we're not sure how bad or good things are. DD is not a cat person but she tolerates me. I figured to get two, but we shall see how things go. They of course would be indoor cats. Everyone one of the kids has a cat or two.

I go for orientation at Wegmans tomorrow so if you're a prayer please pray all goes well. I decided to go back to work PT so we can stay on track and have money for DD's wedding in July.

Gramma you mentioned taking on a new bird or two does that still hold. I will be downsizing probably 6 so I can keep all in one coop. I have a couple of friends who will take them I'm sure. I have to go out and see who is going to go.

My DD and her beau both said, "you gotta keep Cotton bud". Of course Frenchy will stay and Buckwheat. They've taken to naming the Frizzles. If I downsize to one coop that should be manageable.

I'm already getting seed catalogs. They can never come too soon.

Well take care folks and be well.

Hi all I live in barker NY about 45 min north east of buffalo anyone on here be intrested in some buff silkie roos and maybe some white. I'm trying to make my flock safe for my girls they are only four months old but want to get down to one roo. Don't want nothing for them just want them to go to good homes

just a pic of the flock
Your Flock is Beautiful. We had one...like yours. LOST to predators. We have made a run and
do not let our few Silkies free range. DARN. Sorry we do not live closer or we would be very interested in a Buff Rooster. Regards, Aria

@rancher hicks

I get up to Syracuse for VA appointments sometimes, usually at least once month. If there's anything I can do to help out you & your wife, family, etc (though I have no idea what) , I would be happy to try. Even if it is something as simple as getting together for lunch or something, it sounds like y'all have buckets-full of stress and sometime maybe meeting a new friend might help. I dunno. But there it is. Best of Luck to you all. {Good for you, on the cats - rescue kitties are natural Healers >^..^<}

gah so it looks like im not the only one swimming in roos. Mr.baunlee wants me to cook the boys but I have never killed or processed any kind of chicken. We'll see how it goes. Update on my hawk dick problem: he has been flying around cawing away every time I go outside. This past week he hasn't been around so I'm hoping he's moved on to wherever hawks move on to for the winter
hu.gif
I guess the hawk ended up taking all roosters, which, I couldn't tell until I had time to count all the two different groups. They were from the younger group but I swear the carcass was from a larger hen, confused but I guess it looked like hen coloring because it was a younger male. Who knows.

Anyways if anybody is looking for a black copper male let me know. They were hatched from Stacy Murphy's eggs - her farm is located in Connecticut (she wins a lot at the marans shows etc). I brought the eggs back with me from when I moved out of my dorm in NYC and came back to buffalo.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom