NY Gay Pride Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta tell y'all something.

I remember the Stonewall Uprisings (1969) that gave rise to Pride and the GLBT movement. I've been a part of that movement and that community my whole adult life. My partner and I have been together over 35 years. We have a daughter who is 27. Pride events are always wonderful, big city or small town and the marriage law in New York was a great moment, that's a fact. But folks, for me to go on my chicken forum---my chicken forum--- and see this thread with y'all talking about Pride and marriage and more importantly asking questions, answering and listening AND to see the mods keeping it open and keeping people safe. Well that's for sure a thing! Right up there in my book with the marriage law.

It gives me such hope. Look how far things have come since 1969. If we can just keep talking and listening what a universe of possibilities for our grandchildren...if our daughter ever gets around to having some but that's a different thing.
wink.png

So I thank all of you good folks for just being good folks.

Bill

The moderators are excellent and I want to thank them for the hard work I KNOW is taking place behind the scenes to allow this thread to stay open - in all meanings of the term.....

bow.gif

Okay, I'm a bit late onto this thread
hide.gif

The event might already have happened by now!
lol.png

I just want to say, I think it's great how NY's having this, everyone deserves to be respected however they are.
smile.png

Quote:
It isn't a big deal to my wife and I. We've been together 12 yrs. She calls me her wife. Most people refer to her as the wife. She is an attractive woman that most people would never guess is a lesbian. Yet I am called sir when we are out in public or called the husband. I am 6 ft and more masculine than most women. I work as a leadperson in a large manufacturing plant and have welded for 36 years. I make no attempt to look like a man, I have just been a major "tomboy" all my life. I am more comfortable in mens clothing though. I have worn dresses when I was younger and always felt like a clown. I love horses, dogs, snakes, guns and my truck. I would much rather hunt, fish or build something than cook or sew. Whatever way someone wants to call it is fine by me. I have very thick skin.
smile.png
They only time I get offended is when something is said in a viscious way.
We just want to live normal lives. WE don't see ourselves as different, but the rest of the world insists on reminding us.
idunno.gif

I am so glad that the OP had a great weekend. I wish there where more parades like this Saw one in Denver once it was a great time.

I just people should be able to live as they please and not have to worry about what people think. It is each person life and who has the right to tell people who they can or cannot love.

Last edited:
Quote:
hugs.gif

thanks for your hard fighting endurance. people like you helped make advances in equality much easier. A huge portion of the population is gay or bi or bi curious. Far more than people want to think. Personally I think love comes in all shapes and sizes and even people who are normally hetero or even homosexual often find themselves attracted to a person of the sex they normally don't go for.

That is what happened to me. I prefer men but i have met a woman that I fell head over heals with and though I am no with my dear love, she will always be in a special place in my heart.

To me how can love so strong with consenting adults be wrong? Love is beautiful, it is wonderful.

I have WHAT in my yard? :

The moderators are excellent and I want to thank them for the hard work I KNOW is taking place behind the scenes to allow this thread to stay open - in all meanings of the term.....

bow.gif

I agree whole heartedly​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom