Oh Craigslist, You Amuse Me So!

Rare Black chicken and possible rooster - $1 (long pond, pa.)

00u0u_KAYZr2FkW9_600x450.jpg

00i0i_kQQgYDwnFne_600x450.jpg

00W0W_hzR124N9YAy_600x450.jpg

01515_2d6FajR7srA_600x450.jpg

00a9.png
craigslist - Map data
00a9.png
OpenStreetMap
1738 clover rd
(google map) (yahoo map)
condition: new
For sale two rare chicken and possible rooster we are unsure if one is a rooster or a chicken but he or she is taller then the other and has a different beck then the other. they are both about 2 weeks old. I found out they are worth about 500 each or more. Asking for $200 each,they could be worth alot more. If interested please call me

Rare Black chicken and possible rooster - $1 (long pond, pa.)

00u0u_KAYZr2FkW9_600x450.jpg

00i0i_kQQgYDwnFne_600x450.jpg

00W0W_hzR124N9YAy_600x450.jpg

01515_2d6FajR7srA_600x450.jpg

00a9.png
craigslist - Map data
00a9.png
OpenStreetMap
1738 clover rd
(google map) (yahoo map)
condition: new
For sale two rare chicken and possible rooster we are unsure if one is a rooster or a chicken but he or she is taller then the other and has a different beck then the other. they are both about 2 weeks old. I found out they are worth about 500 each or more. Asking for $200 each,they could be worth alot more. If interested please call me
I would never pay $200. for a bird no matter how rare it is. There is no mention of what they are except a rooster and a chicken. I have a lot of roosters and a lot of chickens. I don't know what a beck is but I suspect it is a beak. It doesn't appear to me that his person knows very much about chickens. (roosters, cockerels, hens, pullets and the different breeds or hybrids). Maybe they should do some research and learn. Sorry about my rant. I just get a little miffed at times.

I wouldn't trust anyone selling chicks that don't know that roosters are chickens! If they are so rare you would know what breed of chicken they are. I almost spit my tea out all over the computer when I saw the ad.

Last edited:
Well I just got off the phone with the guy that has the rare black chickens. He got them from an exterminator that told him black chickens are rare. They were a gift for a kid but they didn't want them.
He doesn't know anything about chickens and didn't realize there were different breeds. He just thought they came in colors. I guess like a macaw or parakeet.
When he finds out the breed, he'll call me back.
Updates to come.

I'm sorry, I just had to contact him.

Last edited:
Well I just got off the phone with the guy that has the rare black chickens. He got them from an exterminator that told him black chickens are rare. They were a gift for a kid but they didn't want them.
He doesn't know anything about chickens and didn't realize there were different breeds. He just thought they came in colors. I guess like a macaw or parakeet.
When he finds out the breed, he'll call me back.
Updates to come.

I'm sorry, I just had to contact him.

Did you deliver the reality to him that they they ware worth about $5 combined?

Yes I did.
However, I just got a call back and he said they were Ayam Cemani. but not pure black. He said one was 80% AC and one was 90%,
He said he was going to drop the price since they're living in the house and has no where to keep them.

Yes I did.
However, I just got a call back and he said they were Ayam Cemani. but not pure black. He said one was 80% AC and one was 90%,
He said he was going to drop the price since they're living in the house and has no where to keep them.

LOL, obviously he is clueless and someone has hooked him line and sinker on fairyland stories...

80% and 90%? LOL... One would expect A LOT more pigment if they were anywhere near that pure... I would love to see the lineage breeding chart that was used to arrive at those percentages... Sure it can be done over the course of many generation, but um, yeah just a mutt at that point...

IMO they are just generic barnyard mutts, at best Easter Eggers...

My thoughts too. Now he'll pass them on to another dupe.
Possibly even end up tainting the already thin genetic base here.

I couldn't help myself and had to call to see what black bird was worth 200-500 as a chick.

I breed these guys, and I'm wondering where he would have even managed to get ahold of such high percentage crosses, assuming that's even what they are. They were just recently imported, with the exception of one or two lines that were already in the country. It would take a few generations of crossing to get back to 90% pure. And why cross them in the first place? My guess is also that someone got duped.

Back
Top Bottom