Oh Craigslist, You Amuse Me So!

Are you sure you'd want this in the house? "Cassowaries are very shy, but when provoked they are capable of inflicting injuries, occasionally fatal, to dogs and people" (from Wikipedia). Heck, I'll take the long slow death of being pecked in the leg by a red sex link wanting her treat any day over that one, lol.

Oh and it's believed the cassowary has a life span of 40-50 years...that's a long time to sleep with one eye open if that guy is in the house!
lau.gif
Cassowaries are very dangerous, but the quote you posted could very well apply to dogs. "...when provoked, they are capable of inflicting injuries, occasionally fatal, to dogs and people." And we still let them in our homes, on our furniture, in our beds. :) Although, they aren't the size of a cassowary, and are easier to train....usually. :)

Cassowaries are very dangerous, but the quote you posted could very well apply to dogs. "...when provoked, they are capable of inflicting injuries, occasionally fatal, to dogs and people." And we still let them in our homes, on our furniture, in our beds. :) Although, they aren't the size of a cassowary, and are easier to train....usually. :)

The quote you quoted, "when provoked, they are capable of inflicting injuries, occasionally fatal, to dogs and people." could apply to sociopaths too. They can live a long time and we "let them in our homes, on our furniture, in our beds."

I'd take my chances on a dog in the house over a cassowary (or a sociopath) any day.
lol.png

Anybody want a free duck?? Just found these on Craigslist Portland--LOL!

free duck (east amazon)

so my dads ex gf bought a duck and then moved out so now im stuck with finding a house for him.
you can text me at anytime.
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 5124349727
posted: 5 days ago
email to friend
best of [?]
Avoid scams, deal locally Beware wiring (e.g. Western Union), cashier checks, money orders, shipping.

Free yearling drake duck (Redmond)

00e0e_6XfnP4UbKvj_600x450.jpg

I have a very small flock and this boy is trying to kill his mama's 3 new babies. He must go. Free and he is a mix. No mean normally. Just hates sibling :(
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

Silkies - $10 (Sussex)

00Z0Z_hciD9CO1a93_600x450.jpg

00U0U_kNIilq0KyIy_600x450.jpg

00505_kDkWGlleHmx_600x450.jpg

00B0B_gRW6H7slmf2_600x450.jpg

00p0p_iVP5R4balN6_600x450.jpg

00s0s_2rYhAjycuGr_600x450.jpg

00e0e_f6sw94edNS2_600x450.jpg

Silkie's Pure breed For Sale, born in May 2015, they are unsexed and ready to go to a good home. Only have six left, will have more born in a few weeks. Parents also shown in pictures, they are not for sale, only the babies. These chicks were not raised in a brooder, they are use to the outdoors, and do not need a heating lamp. Serious offers only!!
$10.00 each, or 3 for $25.00, cash only.

UPDATE: I now have 8 available for sale born 5/2015 and 6/29/15 ready to go to good home.

7/16/2015 - still have 7 very healthy silkies available for good homes.. Just added three photos today.
7/24/2015-still have. Pure bred silkies available to good home...
7/31/2015 - added three updated pictures, you now can see blues, purples and greens on them when the sun hits them, feet very feathered...
8/20/15, have three silkies left, these born 7/2/15

Silkies - $10 (Sussex)

00Z0Z_hciD9CO1a93_600x450.jpg

00U0U_kNIilq0KyIy_600x450.jpg

00505_kDkWGlleHmx_600x450.jpg

00B0B_gRW6H7slmf2_600x450.jpg

00p0p_iVP5R4balN6_600x450.jpg

00s0s_2rYhAjycuGr_600x450.jpg

00e0e_f6sw94edNS2_600x450.jpg

Silkie's Pure breed For Sale, born in May 2015, they are unsexed and ready to go to a good home. Only have six left, will have more born in a few weeks. Parents also shown in pictures, they are not for sale, only the babies. These chicks were not raised in a brooder, they are use to the outdoors, and do not need a heating lamp. Serious offers only!! $10.00 each, or 3 for $25.00, cash only. UPDATE: I now have 8 available for sale born 5/2015 and 6/29/15 ready to go to good home. 7/16/2015 - still have 7 very healthy silkies available for good homes.. Just added three photos today. 7/24/2015-still have. Pure bred silkies available to good home... 7/31/2015 - added three updated pictures, you now can see blues, purples and greens on them when the sun hits them, feet very feathered... 8/20/15, have three silkies left, these born 7/2/15
:th

They sold 4 pure breed silkies and have only 3 left. Well maybe the people wanted the breed that was shown and not a silkie, I don't know. Haha maybe I should sent them a picture of what a silkie looks like.

You just never know. A woman came up to us at a swap a couple of weeks ago trying to give away her "Silkie" . What she actually had was a d"Anver that someone had told her was a Silkie. I didn't have my books of the breeds that day so I couldn't show her.

It's kind of like an acquaintance of mine that swears she has purebred RIR's. No she doesn't...she has RSL's. She's in the process of getting some RIR's (real ones) to enlarge her flock, it will be interesting to hear what she says when she has the two of them side-by-side and can see the difference.

I do show some of my RIW's and RIR's at poultry shows. At one show probably around 2 years ago, someone entered a RSL as a New Hampshire Red. It was disqualified.

Back
Top Bottom