Oh Craigslist, You Amuse Me So!

cmom, I just noticed your avatar change...Nice!

I change it every once in awhile. I noticed you did too and changed your screen name too. That is one of my females who won a champion. Just as I went to take her profile she turned her head towards me.

Liar, liar pants on fire.
This post says a 4'X4' coop (external dimensions will hold 4-8 chickens. Price reduced.

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/grd/5485509585.html

This coop houses 4-8 chickens, or more if you intend to provide ranging for them. It's secure, well-ventilated, insulated, ultra-sturdy, movable, cheerfully painted.

*4'x4' footprint
*bottom of coop hovers two feet above ground
*tall, front side of coop is 48"
*shorter, rear side is 46"
*3 bucket nesting boxes
*22"x27" hinged glass window
*Window secured with fine gauge chicken wire for fresh air ventilation without escape
*20"x36" latched/hinged door for easy access/cleaning
*plenty of room on the roosting bar
*small sliding chicken door that raises/lowers from the outside
*insulated ceiling
*grit dispenser mounted inside
*corrugated tin roof
*completely primed and painted interior to protect wood surfaces from corrosive chicken poo
*completely primed and painted two-toned exterior (with exterior paint)

Liar, liar pants on fire.
This post says a 4'X4' coop (external dimensions will hold 4-8 chickens. Price reduced.

**SNIP**

The ad also says "You CANNOT buy this kind of hand-built quality at your local farm store" now I'm not one to generally knock others building skills and it's a practical design, but lets be realistic the coop is a square box made from OSB and furring strips, some of the cheapest building materials available, painted or not that OSB will not stand up long term to exposure...

The ad also says "You CANNOT buy this kind of hand-built quality at your local farm store" now I'm not one to generally knock others building skills and it's a practical design, but lets be realistic the coop is a square box made from OSB and furring strips, some of the cheapest building materials available, painted or not that OSB will not stand up long term to exposure...

Hey,, that's my building style!!!

Hey,, that's my building style!!!

And I'm not knocking it for build practicality or build cost, but I wouldn't call it hand built quality that rivals what you can buy as I have seen some very decent (albeit costly) commercial coop kits that use better materials...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom