Oh Craigslist, You Amuse Me So!

Sometimes I reply to ads because I'm curious.
Got to love the anonymity of the Internet.
wink.png

"My husband and I are knowledgeable, experienced chicken-keepers and competent builders. While it may not match your expectations, we are confident in this coop's capacity, durability and value."

Experienced chicken keepers = We bought a bunch of straight run chicks that ended up all roosters, and didn't realize it until they all started crowing and fighting. We don't want to try keeping chickens again.

Knowledgeable = We know when to give up.

Competent builders = the thing is still standing.

*I'm just guessing

Last edited:
"My husband and I are knowledgeable, experienced chicken-keepers and competent builders. While it may not match your expectations, we are confident in this coop's capacity, durability and value."

Experienced chicken keepers = We bought a bunch of straight run chicks that ended up all roosters, and didn't realize it until they all started crowing and fighting. We don't want to try keeping chickens again.

Knowledgeable = We know when to give up.

Competent builders = the thing is still standing.

*I'm just guessing
Sounds about right!
lau.gif

I admit I might not have a clue to the value, but it it's anywhere near the asking price, I'm guessing an collectors auction house might be a better alternative...

Or someone is very optimistic...

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/clt/5500598773.html

Right. If you are looking for bargains on Craigslist, you likely don't fifty grand lying around the house. But I'll be honest, I'm hoping that they meant $50 bucks. That looks to be more reasonable. SMH.

So today I replied to a CL ad and made arrangements to swing by and purchase the item that was advertised, between 6:00-6:30PM it was to be a surprise for my daughter so the whole family was with me... We show up at the house and the local Po-Po is at the door talking to someone inside and giving me the stink eye for pulling in the driveway... So I get out of the car and explain that I was there in regards to a CL ad, and inquired if I should reschedule or stick around... The officer told me that would likely be a good idea to reschedule... LOL

I texted the person back to reschedule and have thus far not heard back...

So today I replied to a CL ad and made arrangements to swing by and purchase the item that was advertised, between 6:00-6:30PM it was to be a surprise for my daughter so the whole family was with me... We show up at the house and the local Po-Po is at the door talking to someone inside and giving me the stink eye for pulling in the driveway... So I get out of the car and explain that I was there in regards to a CL ad, and inquired if I should reschedule or stick around... The officer told me that would likely be a good idea to reschedule... LOL

I texted the person back to reschedule and have thus far not heard back...
I hope you weren't replying to the ad mentioned a few days ago. (garage sale ad with the "XXX" at the bottom.)
lau.gif

-- Just Teasing. The comments made about it on this thread gave me a good laugh.

Also glad you & your family are safe & didn't have to deal with whatever was going on.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom