Oh Craigslist, You Amuse Me So!

I looked around craigslist for something to amuse everybody, and found something somewhat comical:

Two ducks, yearlings

I think this person has had horses, agree?
lol.png

The word was used appropriately as it has more than one definition and it doesn't mean the person has had horses just because they used the correct word...

From Merriam-Webster...

yearling
: one that is a year old: as
a : an animal one year old or in the second year of its age
b : a racehorse between January 1 of the year after the year in which it was foaled and the next January 1

Last edited:
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/grd/4412204488.html

~I have for sale 70 or so chicks, hatched this week. They are indiscriminate barnyard breeding. They are all from a tall, good looking, well feathered, smooth talking barred rock rooster with a sean connery accent and from fat bottomed barred rock and Australorp hens that may have done some time in prison or the vegas strip but they are tight lipped about it and wont really discuss it. both breeds are great egg layers though and a super dual purpose bird. The cross should yield tremendous egg layers that will generally have barred rock features. Some will be pure barred rocks and some will be the cross. No--I cant tell them apart and Yes--they will be sold unsexed. I am not great at sexing chicks and I have large rough fingers that I am unwilling to rub a chicks behind with. You will have hens and roosters in the mix. You will probably do what I do when I buy chicks. Feed them good and wait about 12 weeks then keep the hens and serve the young tender roosters with gravy and biscuits or give them to the mother-in-law and cuss the feed store for selling you all males when she discovers it.. poor devils but they are a great dual purpose bird. I want a buck apiece for the chicks and you pick. I am in Desoto Mo. A geographical oddity that is about 40 miles from everywhere. About 40 miles south of St. louis and about 40 miles from Chester Ill. etc.---- I also have some chicks from a Brahma rooster that is built like Shwarzenegger and looks like cruise, he is with some pure brahma hens and jersey giant hens so the chicks are large and bold as brass which is typical of jersey girls. Those chicks are 2 bucks apiece and yes--the same rules apply except these will dress out a bit heavier so you will need extra gravy.
Lmao

What? " I am not great at sexing chicks and I have large rough fingers that I am unwilling to rub a chicks behind with."? Who is checking to see if they have pasty butt then? I'm not good at sexing the newborns neither, but I do know that it can get messy back there on chicks sometimes. I seen a couple of chicks in a pet supply store that had pasty butt so bad it looked like blood mixed in it. No, I did not buy any chicks there.

What? " I am not great at sexing chicks and I have large rough fingers that I am unwilling to rub a chicks behind with."? Who is checking to see if they have pasty butt then? I'm not good at sexing the newborns neither, but I do know that it can get messy back there on chicks sometimes. I seen a couple of chicks in a pet supply store that had pasty butt so bad it looked like blood mixed in it. No, I did not buy any chicks there.
... Didn't say anything about not giving them care, he just wants to sell them straight run, and he also said that you pick, so you'd have every opportunity to check for yourself if they were ill.
1f609.png
I thought it was hilarious and well written anyhoo
1f61d.png

Back
Top Bottom