Ohiki Chicken Thread

Pics
My rooster is so funny, he gets so upset when I hold him and when I put him back he has to run and check on his girls. Hes soo funny. We just moved them into the new coop.

Ok, these are all from the barred rooster's pen.. The parents don't have any blue on them and I don't know where this came from..

this is a pullet that is blue barred or charcoal barred.. It can't according to the rules of genetics be blue.. Maybe it has a cream gene that is diluting the black? IS that possible... There is a black chick in front of it for comparison..

Pic of blue barred ohiki (left) standing next to a blue phoenix (right)

Here is a blue red ohiki chick from the same batch.. or charcoal red? I don't know what is going on with them. Pretty though..

Can't wait to see how the "dun barred" turns out!! :)

Thanks! I am really excited to hatch some chicks by him, He was hatched from Toni's eggs.

"celtichill", are you the same Ian that me and "chrisf" met at the Congress? It's a small world! I was just browsing through the thread and saw your posts, and thought that it was weird another New Englander kept Ohiki! How are the Ohikis chrisf gave you?

"celtichill", are you the same Ian that me and "chrisf" met at the Congress? It's a small world! I was just browsing through the thread and saw your posts, and thought that it was weird another New Englander kept Ohiki! How are the Ohikis chrisf gave you?

I'm not Ian of course, but yes I'm pretty sure he's one in the same. I know he's friends with Chris and got this pair from him there.
Really nice guy from what I have seen of him!! Glad to see he has a chance to work with these some

Back
Top Bottom