Ohiki Chicken Thread

Pics

The first pictures are of the same chick at varying ages
This picture is of a chocolate rooster X bbred henGood leg color and short

finally took a few pics of some of my stuff this weekend while I was off.
Some of course are better than others, but I love 'em all

of course my beautiful shojo for sure, he's still in blood feather, and my stupid butt stepped on his tail a while back when I was feeding and he jumped and pulled out the 10 longest, but he's still a looker!

a few of his girls

some of the spangled and mottled birds Toni has helped me with

some of the odds and ends

these arent ohiki or course, but I'm usuing these 2 chocolate hens to make some recessive chocolate ohiki figured I'd show them while I was at it

on of the flytie types being used in the crele work

one of my super favorite colors, " lemon " cream shojo. he's just about a year old and looks awesome compared to what he was as a cockerel, hoping with this first adult molt he'll get it going, tail was a bit narrower that I like but it's opening up the older he gets, he's the sone of the shojo male first pictured. one thing for sure, he has a ton of feathers

as you can see, he certainly did not like me taking his pics

just a few more and that's it for now at least

How old is your shojo?

Im having trouble with some of my young birds eating their own tails... I have increased the protein in their diet and allowed them to free range more (under my super vision) but they continue pulling and eating...

How old is your shojo?

Im having trouble with some of my young birds eating their own tails... I have increased the protein in their diet and allowed them to free range more (under my super vision) but they continue pulling and eating...
he'll be 3 this year. Never had one eat it's own tail, dod have others do it to each other when crowded in the winter to keep warm.

sounds like you are on the right path though. Feather eating is usually a protein thing. Some hens get a blood feather craze too, watch that for sure with your males when they molt

Back
Top Bottom