OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

It's looking like a partial impaction colic now. If he can stay in the condition he's in without getting worse (cause it's not critical yet) than we can take him to the vet first thing tomorrow morning when he opens.

Last edited:
I'm sorry shaybaby for your rooster loss. It amazes me sometimes what these animals can get themselves into. Can't seem to figure out what happened either in those cases. :hugs

I'm sorry you lost her blessedchick, at least she had a good life with you and didn't suffer in the end. :hugs

Last edited:
Other than the shuffling and the fact he acts uncomfortable he seems ok. He lays down and remains quiet without thrashing and rolling so as long as he doesn't start thrashing and rolling until i can get him over to the very in the morning than he will be ok. If i knew for sure it was a partial inpaction i would do some mineral oil but since we are still unsure than i hate to keep cramming medicines down him.

Last edited:
I'll hope with you!!
fl.gif
So sorry for your loss! Whats going on with the losses this weekend! I know they happen. Still isn't easy.
hugs.gif

That's so miserable, everybody
sad.png
And minihorse, I hope Buck is okay!

It did occur to me that that precipitous drop from 90 degrees to 40 might have been hard on a lot of chickens, especially if they were at all delicate. Maybe that was part of why so many unexpected deaths this weekend?

Hugs to everybody!

I'll let Chicky-Chick know she created a fan? LOL. I set 5 showgirl/silkie eggs (plus a bunch of silkie and other breeds) today. All shipped and highly porous, so I'm holding my breath. Soo hoping to get at least a couple showgirls out of them. :fl :fl :fl

On a sad note.. I know losses happen, but why does it alway seem to be the best/favorites? My so-sweet black Silkie rooster, whom I was just snuggling with through the storm the other evening, I found lying dead in the coop this morning, with a broken neck. In the position he was in, Lord only knows how he managed it.. Poor little sweetheart. So sad.

So sorry to hear this! Lost my favorite rooster that way this summer. Hugs

Good luck with colic.

My 10 year old finished up Highland Co fair with this:

Sorry. Had to brag on her. Her first year of poultry and I swear I read the brown Co fair a few posts back. :)

And I have a bit of good news, too. Remember how I've been waiting and waiting for my coronations to lay? Well...

Yeah. I have no idea which hens or how many hens, or how old these are... but at least now I know where they hide them, lol!

Back
Top Bottom