OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

minihorse - i hope all is well, im scared to death of horses- so i really cant offer any good information. but i can keep my fingers crossed for you.
fl.gif

meanstreak - congratulations! a first place ribbon is always worth bragging about!

cluckitall - congrats on the eggs! if i get things sorted out here, i want some in a couple of months if its possible.

blessedchick- good luck on the hatch, ive had far lower drops in temp and still got a descent hatch - i hope it works the same for you.

shaybaby - did "replacement" make it home ok? i meant to send some feed with you, sorry i forgot.

So I turned the A/c off today, didn't think anything of it.

DH said the fan was melting the box where I have 7 eggs in lock down.. I was out most of the day but he moved the fan away. I finally got a moment and went and looked at the eggs, the temp inside the box was reading 110, the eggs felt hot to the touch.. did I cook them?

Got 120cc of mineral oil down buck. He pooped! Still not perfect, but acting more alert and is still talking to his ladies. Still shuffling. It's improvement! Thought about loading him in the trailer but was saving that for a last resort. If he doesn't do anymore than he'll get loaded and go for a "ride".

So I turned the A/c off today, didn't think anything of it. 

DH said the fan was melting the box where I have 7 eggs in lock down.. I was out most of the day but he moved the fan away. I finally got a moment and went and looked at the eggs, the temp inside the box was reading 110, the eggs felt hot to the touch.. did I cook them? 
The main question here is how long were they that hot and is it still air or forced? Still air will take longer to damage the eggs than a forced air.

I'd say that it is going to be a leave them in and check for signs of life in a few days. Lets hope it wasn't 5hours.

When does everyone shut their bators down? Or do you? Thanks to my neighbors, I only have 4 hens left laying, but 3 have went broody. I thought their timing was a bit ridiculous, but they didn't agree with our chicken talk. I'm worried I'm going to have 3 batches of babies freezing outside. I have some EEs from July's hatch outside, August's late hatch still inside. I'm worried about putting them out since the night time temps are dipping pretty low.

shaybaby - did "replacement" make it home ok?  i meant to send some feed with you, sorry i forgot.

No worries! We're good on food! :thumbsup Mr. (Miss?) Replacement is great! I've been spending quality time with him (her?) all day so he (she? LOL) is calming down and getting used to me. (It's not weird to snuggle a chicken, right? :gig) And I set the little quail eggs. :) Thank you again!!

Back
Top Bottom